Saying it loud and clear up front, THIS TRUCK IS NOT DELETED, AND I AM NOT TRYING TO DELETE IT.

Need some help if anyone can. 2016 Ecodiesel, customer cleared his code(s) on his own before he brought the truck into my shop. Had the message XXX miles until engine will not restart, service DEF, see dealer. The only code that went into the permanent OBD file was P204F - DEF system malfunction. There may have been pending codes, but again I could not see them. A normal code scan with a snap on as well as autel with the vehicle identified didn't even give me the P204F, I had to go to generic OBD to find it. Found the DEF pump had failed, and there was some dried DEF on the injector tip. Pump was replaced, injector cleaned, and passes the quantity test. DEF passes quality test with a refractometer. Regen is successful, when driving can see NOX readings indicating the SCR is working and the DEF system is working and doing its job. Have not found anything in the factory service manuals for resetting the message, nor does it even mention this warning for the code found. Through other resources, found something called a "SCR healing procedure" that directs to empty the DEF tank, fill it some, reset the levels, and so on, perform a forced regen, then drive at over 55mph for over an hour. Has been driven as such on 2 different road tests, and the warning will not go away even though all systems are working fine.

Have the Witech with micropod(the OE chrysler tool). Programmed the PCM twice, programmed the cluster, and the warning still will not go away. The truck is now at the no start stage, but can be started with a jumper on the starter relay.

Have read the tune with HPT, did the required update to be able to tune, and the message still stays. Have not licensed or written a tune since I can't find anything that will reset the message. My theory is the PCM doesn't know what code or issue it was supposed to "heal", thus will not turn off the warning. The customer clearing the code(s) is what led to this in my opinion, and I would be happy to be wrong and find a solution.

I am very close to just replacing the PCM as that is the only thing I can find to get it out of the no start/warning state, however I was hoping someone can chime in on a way with HPT or even witech to get this to clear out. Don't want the message "deleted", just cleared so it can come back if needed in the future.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!