Thread: 2011 Silverado 3500HD 6.0 E78 6L90 stock compare file

Potential Tuner

2011 Silverado 3500HD 6.0 E78 6L90 stock compare file

Hoping someone can help find a stock file to compare to my stock(?) file. I'm new to tuning and have a 2011 Silverado 3500HD 6.0 E78 6L90 (non flex fuel) that I'm ready to try making a few changes to the stock tune. Before I start I wanted to make sure everything was actually stock. I was told it was all original when I bought it, but I just had the transmission worked on and the shop said it looked like someone tried to tune the transmission so i want to check everything with a known stock file. So far I haven't had luck finding a 2011 file, and all the files I've found around that year with a 6.0 and E78 have had a lot of differences when comparing in them in VCM Editor. Can someone help find a stock file to compare, or tell me if mine looks stock? Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Your file is 100% stock according to the TIS VIN lookup, CVN checksums all match for both engine and trans.

Potential Tuner
    Great! Thanks for confirming. I'm still new to this so could you explain TIS VIN lookup and CVN checksums verification in case I run into this in the future with another vehicle?

I should upload to the repository if this is a stock file, but looks like upload is not available right now. I couldn't find any files 2011 or near that with E78 and 6.0A that didn't have a lot of green when I used the compare file feature.
    Last edited by ESS71; 01-05-2024 at 06:38 PM.

https://tis2web.service.opel.com/tis2web/

CVN is a checksum, a hash of all the bits in a particular segment. If any of the bits are different the checksum will be different. If the checksums are identical then the two segments being compared can't be anything other than bit-for-bit identical.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks again!! Appreciate the help.