Thread: 3 litre diesel VW Amarok

Potential Tuner

3 litre diesel VW Amarok

Hi is it possible to turn off EGR and Dpf with HP tuners. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    You can only post a tune and find out

Advanced Tuner
    I'd like to know this too.

I currently have the original mvip pro interface that I used to tune my 2004 GM v8 back in the day.

I now have a 3.0L V6 Amarok (EDC17CP54) with 8 speed auto and I'm looking into tuning options.

If I upgrade my mpvi to mpvi3 will it give me the same tuning potential that i had when tuning my gm car? i.e. Will it allow me to disable egr, dpf, adjust fueling, throttle mapping, control boost pressure, turn DTCs on/off, tune gearbox shift points etc

Also, If I decide to buy a tune from a pro tuner will I be able to load it into the ECM with hptuners?

If hptuners can do the above then that's the route I'll take as I'm very fimilar with hpt. Otherwise I'll look into alientech kess3, pcm-flash, winols etc
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Potential Tuner
    I don't want to buy until I know what it can do Three weeks no answer. From HP tuners

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gregw1 View Post
    I don't want to buy until I know what it can do Three weeks no answer. From HP tuners
    Yeah same here.

I emailed tech support directly as well, I'll let you know what they say when I hear back
    04 VY Commodore ute M6 ls1, 918 valve springs, TR6 plugs, genttrbb twin turbo kit, 60lb seimiens injectors, Bosh 044 fuel pump, SX fuel reg, PLX wideband,Full Castle Hill Exhaust with 2 1/2in dump pipes, 4in cats into twin 3in cat back (no merge), Ripshift, oz700 clutch and 3.73 diff gears

Advanced Tuner
    I basically sent tech support the first message I wrote above with a couple of minor changes.

This is what I received back

Thank you for contacting HP Tuners Support.

HP Tuners designs and manufacturers software and hardware tools for vehicle diagnostics, scanning, logging, calibration, and data acquisition purposes. The authorized use of such tools is to bring a motor vehicle into emissions compliance and/or to maintain emissions compliance, as well as for use on competition/racing and other exempted vehicles. HP Tuners does not create or provide tunes or pre-made calibrations.

HP Tuners? Terms of Use, policies and agreements mandate that users shall comply with all local, state, and federal laws. In using the HP Tuners software and hardware tools, you are representing, warranting, and agreeing not to use, employ or allow any HP Tuners tools to operate as a defeat device or to violate emissions compliance in any manner whatsoever. You further represent, warrant, and agree that the HP Tuners tools shall only be used by manufacturers, calibration businesses and professionals to develop emissions compliant calibrations.

The MPVI family of products are tools used to correctly calibrate a vehicle. Its proper use is to bring a vehicle into emissions compliance or to keep it in compliance. We do not support emissions related deletions of any kind.

Such a generic response! They didn't answer any of my questions!
    I appreciate about what they are saying regarding emissions but I asked several other questions that were completely ignored.
    Last edited by sikhabib; 01-22-2024 at 01:44 PM.