Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2011 F150 /BMW Diesel Swap

The F150 M57 swapped 6R80 build is basically done its running, driving, and shifting. On top of that even got the air models torque models to be realistic and in line with actual M57 power output. Doing a few more things with the converter but the stock converter may need to be upgraded to suite the diesel application to its best ability. I'm pretty happy with this one I ca say most guys wouldn't even wat to attempt to try something like this but anything is possible with time and determination. When The project is done I hope the customer post some cool videos of his build cause I think this is the first of its kind and i had a privilege of getting the transmission side figured out. #YAKPERFORMANCE
    King Ranch Expedition 5.4 3v 6R80 Coyote PCM , M112 Blower, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Green Cats, Aeromotive Regulated Return Fuel System, ID 1000 Injectors, Custom Interior Wiring, Track Apps, EPS mode adjustable, +6 Blower Pulley w/ Innovators West SFI Balancer, Afco Dual Fan ZL1 Heat Exchanger, Flex Fuel E85 0-60 5 secs 12.0 best quarter mile time.

Success 6R80 Custom Integration

I'm happy to Report to the community the stand alone Control of a 6R80 is possible if you are trying to mix the transmission with other engine applications other than Ford. This one has a 3.0L 1998-2010 straight 6 Diesel with a custom bracket to adapt the eco boost 6R bellhousing. Very cool build done by a gentleman in Canada, F150 has been driving for over a month now. Originally the gear box was manual but he had a great idea to adapt the 6R80 and due to the M57 using a similar ZF6 which the 6R80 is based off it worked beautifully.

Here is a log I got over the weekend given this combo and the fact we are using a 2011 TC-1797 I cant be more pleased with the results. It took some time to get the torque modeling close to actual so the gear box could engage the proper pressures per the driving condition. As well as making the torque converter react the way we wanted it to given its not perfect for the diesel application but its doing its job well. From here I'm gonna take a big win on this one and go to another strange combo to see what else I can do with the VCM software.
    King Ranch Expedition 5.4 3v 6R80 Coyote PCM , M112 Blower, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Green Cats, Aeromotive Regulated Return Fuel System, ID 1000 Injectors, Custom Interior Wiring, Track Apps, EPS mode adjustable, +6 Blower Pulley w/ Innovators West SFI Balancer, Afco Dual Fan ZL1 Heat Exchanger, Flex Fuel E85 0-60 5 secs 12.0 best quarter mile time.

So we have made a lot of progress with modifying the calibration to better suite theM57 BMW 3.0L DSL engine the transmission shift points are better suited to the application and the torque model is now showing minimum IPC error to make the actual torque model from the motor inline with what is set in the calibration. This helps the shifts and the torque based shift models for the tcc and pressures more accurate and eliminate any flair shifts or harsh TCC engagements. Hoping to have the final calibration done by this week so the customer can start showcasing the truck and what it is capable of.

The ECU he is using is a 2010 model BMW manual controller linked with the Eco boost tricore PCM boost and map are actual from the motor and as well as the temp sensors ad other inputs we incorporated to help the Ecoboost PCM have the data it needs for proper 6R80 operation.

Here is the latest logs been working back and forth trying to get everything where it needs to be. Truck has now been in use a few month and all has been good other than the fine tuning of the torque modeling ad turbo model.

The hard work that pays off in the end

I have been hard at work making the BMW 3.0 DSL 6R swap function as close to a stock truck as it can be the torque model i have come up with is inline with a real world torque model you would expect from a modified 3.0 M57 engine. I like to make the shifts nice and smooth at cruise but have a nice crisp gear change at higher pedal input. This also depends on what the user desires as far as his or her preference. This F150 has now been driven going on 3 months with no mechanical issues which is always a great thing especially when you are venturing into things that are new and have not been done before. But the ECO BOOST TC-1797 has been doing it job of controlling the 6R as well as giving us live engine data from the BMW M57 engine like actual boost, rpm, map and other miscellaneous temperature outputs.

Anyone interested in doing a transmission swap 6R, Allison, 6L with a engine that it ever was intended to run with im sure I can help make it a reality.
    Attached Files Attached Files