Thread: 97 Jeep JTEC Adjust Throttle response help

Potential Tuner

97 Jeep JTEC Adjust Throttle response help

I have a 97 jeep grand cherokee 4.0L. How do i go about adjusting the throttle response? driving with manual trans with a sensitive throttle can be frustrating. Can i adjust/smooth out the fuel enrichment?JeepGCAutoMan.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by hyperbolecubed View Post
    I have a 97 jeep grand cherokee 4.0L. How do i go about adjusting the throttle response? driving with manual trans with a sensitive throttle can be frustrating. Can i adjust/smooth out the fuel enrichment?JeepGCAutoMan.hpt
    I'm not really sure if you can really move the part thorttle I see there's no way, but if you can improve the power enrichment, with smoothing I guess you mean that it has a delay and it takes a little while to get the PE in anyway you can go to, Fuel>power enrichment> there you'll see all the tables that you can modify. Keep in mind that it's a very old ECM, so there are things you won't be able to do
    tuning and high performance
    my contacts is
    email [email protected]
    whatsapp +58 4149648393
    instagram quickxstep

Potential Tuner
    Would table should I modify? I have checked them all out but the only one I understood is PE based on RPM. PERPM.PNG

Potential Tuner
    I found the base fuel table "EGR off". But the table is managed in pulsewidth. Would adjusting the pulsewidth be able to adjust the throttle response? Assuming I know how to adjust pulsewidth. Would a wide band o2 sensor help in this as well?

Tuner in Training
    Check the throttle blade stop is not warn to far letting the blades close to far and "wedging" in the bores then snapping open when giving it throttle. If your looking to remove power/responsiveness right off idle or any where knock the ignition back in that area. Using a wideband would be a standalone tool that is mapped into the scanner that gives you a far more precise look at your actual fuel trims throughout the full operating range of the engine.

Potential Tuner
    Can you clarify where I can knock down the ignition? I'm slowly understanding the Pulse width information from searching but I feel I wont be able to adjust my pulse width until I can data log

Potential Tuner
    I decided to take my obd scanner to test for fuel trims as JTEC works based off percentage error related to pulsewidth. VCM Scanner doesn't detect the 97 jeep so I had to use my OBD scanner live data and save it. My Long term is -6.3 to - 14.8% and short term ranges between -3.9 to +7%. Which one do I use to adjust my pulsewidth? From my understanding from searching, negative means its running rich and pulling fuel, while positive is lean and adding fuel. The goal is to bring these numbers as close to 0 as possible. Any one? 400 views but no comments.

Tuner in Training
    when i do tuning for driveablitiy for someone who doesnt have a wideband i made a graph to use with the scanner that will map the differences between long term and short term fuel trims go for a nice long drive then after that save it and go inside and modify your table to match the graph and it will generally get you within + or - 3 percent for the most part on a stock engine with bolt ons if your going to be tuning something with decent overlap and a ratty idle best of luck to you its gonna be some work to get it right.
    01 dodge dakota 5.9 swapped nv3500, ported stock heads, m1 intake, 220 220 custom grind comp cams, 10.3:1 compression tuned by me with hp tuners.

15 jeep jk 3.6 lifted on 33s 87 octane custom tune by me with hp tuners

04 dodge dakota 4.7 air ram heads, 08 cams, 08 intake manifold, 10.5:1 compression, 341whp custom tuned by me with hp tuners.