Thread: 6.7 pats and other systems

Potential Tuner

6.7 pats and other systems

Can HP tuners disable PATS and other modules? I?m wanting to swap a 6.7 and 6R140 into another vehicle, but I know I?ll run into issues with PATS and other canbus issues. Short of a motec standalone, can I flash these out with HP Tuners?

Tuner in Training
    might yea but you might have to use either forscan or ids to disable other modules.

Tuner in Training
    Are you swapping it into another 6.7 truck?

Potential Tuner
    No, totally different platform

Potential Tuner
    Done a 2013 F550 drivetrain swap into a 79 F600...using ForScan only...kept all the Emissions in place...Calif CARB legal swap

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jshelk View Post
    No, totally different platform
    PATS is a BCM thing. I haven't seen anything related to pats displayed by hpt in the ecm. Might need IDS.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Taco Stand View Post
    Done a 2013 F550 drivetrain swap into a 79 F600...using ForScan only...kept all the Emissions in place...Calif CARB legal swap
    Oh that?s exactly what I?m looking for! Did you figure it out on your own? The ForScan spreadsheet doesn?t seem to be enough.

Potential Tuner
    Figured out the process doing an Excursion/Raptor Drivetrain Swap.... then it became rinse and repeat on any FORD

We just reference Ford's PC/ED Manual's and work the Faults Codes Module by Module.

Short version: having access to FJDSS is/was helpful ...but with Forscan Hack what you can and build "simulator plugs" where you cant...
    https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Purchase/ViewProduct

Sometimes in the BCM in particular depending on how much logic/ controls your bringing to the host vehicle it's almost always easier to reflash and regress to XL trim parameters...

Potential Tuner
    Ended up emailing the stock read to the tuner. Mine is a 2006