Thread: 2010 Camaro 3.6 V6 long tube header tune.

Potential Tuner

2010 Camaro 3.6 V6 long tube header tune.

Anybody have a decent baseline tune for the 3.6 (E69), 2010 Camaro with long tube headers and high flow cats?? I'm worried I know just enough to get myself in trouble and dick up my car and make it worse!! I can't be the only one with headers on a 3.6!

Senior Tuner
    Got a tune and log?

Potential Tuner
    I have pulled the stock tune, but really don't know where to go from here. I was getting a check engine light for secondary o2's, but have figured out how to disable them, and keep the light off, and that was the actual reason I bought this system anyway. But, i'm sure i'm not getting the benefit of the higher flow, as my mileage is down to 18 MPG. This is my commuter car, so i'm more worried about MPG then HP! I was hoping somebody had already done some dyno tuning with this type of set up, and might have somthing close I could just download into my PCM. I'm sure if I start screwing around with stuff from youtube "tuners", I'm bound to get worse results then if I didn't screw with it!
    Last edited by Donald Cornell; 01-11-2024 at 09:42 AM.

Senior Tuner
    This forum rarely, if ever gives you a tune, no matter how basic you think it is. It really needs to be dialed in on your car to make sure it is correct. Occasionally, some of the infrequent or new users will try and give you a tune, but most of those I would be scared of.

Senior Tuner
    Tune and log to get the MAF right. It's pretty simple stuff.

Potential Tuner
    Not when I have NO idea what I'm doing!

Senior Tuner
    If you post what I asked I'll show you how.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you, I don't know all terms yet, but I'm assuming you are asking for the file for what I pulled out of the ecm, and the file for the 10 min drive I logged.Camaro Manual V6 01-09-2024 no o2.hpt24-01-11 19-33-12.hpl Hope that worked, and thank you SO much for even taking the the time to look!

Senior Tuner
    It's really not far off at all. Makes sense because it's a MAF sensor, and you didn't mention the intake tract being modified. What would normally be adjusted is the VE table, but there isn't one in the tune. I was thinking maybe something would show up. Looks good.

I'm seeing CL-fault status. Review your O2 DTC's and what's under the Exhaust tab. DTC's aren't quite matching.