Thread: Adding Wideband to tune itself?

Potential Tuner

Adding Wideband to tune itself?

This may be an odd question, but is it possible to add a wideband to a car that wasn't factory equipped and have it display on an OBD gauge? I know you can read the wideband while tuning but my goal is to have it displayed so I can see it without the MPVI3/laptop hooked up via Banks iDash.

Asking because the tune was updated to use E85 and that shows up in OBD gauges.

Appreciate suggestions, thanks!
    2014 Chevy SS, forged internals, Magnuson 2650/fuel upgrades in progress.

Depends on if the OBD dash supports that wideband, that's nothing to do with HP Tuners.

Potential Tuner
    Hmmm... It's a Banks iDash and I've seen guys in Camaro forums using the AEM can-bus options to display it. I've got the Ballenger AFR500CAN so it should be possible just having some difficulty figuring out how to do it.

Ask somebody at Banks! It's their product!

Potential Tuner
    They only have phone numbers, no email/online support far as I could see... I don't believe they'd know anything about using another company's product with theirs like this.

Why wouldn't they know what devices their product will work with?

You can't add anything about the wideband to the ECM's native PIDs, it would have to be a CAN-enabled WB and it would show up on the bus as a separate controller. Any setup to make that work will be exclusively in the dash unit itself.