Thread: L5p sotf

L5p sotf

If someone took a stock ecm file from the readout and saved it properly and performed the sotf patch properly. are you able to open up that new sotf file and beable to see the different switch positions and tables ? or does it need to be flashed into the ecm first then read back out for those other tables to appear ? or are the sotf tables all part of the user defined parameters ?
    07 classic

Tuner in Training
    you should be able to see everything and flash right in. sotf isnt part of user defined parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by dieselpitstop View Post
    you should be able to see everything and flash right in. sotf isnt part of user defined parameters.
    thank you.. i found them eventually. its nothing like the dsp stuff with efilive so i had to really look for them.
    07 classic

Tuner in Training
    You can't read the L5P ECM. HPT will only supply you with a virtual read.

Quote Originally Posted by slimmons2009 View Post
    You can't read the L5P ECM. HPT will only supply you with a virtual read.
    really ? so if i unlock the ecm and read the file out its not what its claimed to be ?
    07 classic

Nope. They are write only. HPT will create you a virtual read based on your vin. Thats why always save your files well. You can write in, but you can never read it. That started in 2011 with the LML ecm
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned