Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cruze running a bit lean

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    I am talking about putting a restriction in the exhaust at the tailpipe at the back of the vehicle. You can even use your foot. Works good at finding exhaust leaks.
    I don't have a socket that big lol just a thing that I was hoping that the smoke machine but smoke doesn't work in this exhaust some reason but I'll give it a go sometime.
    2013 1st gen cruze 1.4 LT 102k miles - replaced(so far)
    Valve cover, NGK FR7BHX-S Plugs, Tesla Syle Radio, Ground Cable, PCV Fix Kit v3.4 w/ catch can(27>31?), ZZP CAI/Heatshield/Coil Cover/High Volt Coil Pack/Intercooler, Turbo Oil Feed/Return Line, trans cooler lines, radiator fan, coolant outlet and thermostat to aluminum, Oil Pan Reseal, "upgraded" splash shield, winjet headlights

It works but you need a bit of pressure. Most older smoke machines are not capable of 10 to 40 psi of pressure. Anything will work. A piece of wood will work.

Tuner in Training
    Could just smoke the shop vac and use that lol
    Valve cover, NGK FR7BHX-S Plugs, Tesla Syle Radio, Ground Cable, PCV Fix Kit v3.4 w/ catch can(27>31?), ZZP CAI/Heatshield/Coil Cover/High Volt Coil Pack/Intercooler, Turbo Oil Feed/Return Line, trans cooler lines, radiator fan, coolant outlet and thermostat to aluminum, Oil Pan Reseal, "upgraded" splash shield, winjet headlights

Tuner in Training
    heres just an update as it is not the purge valve but that exhaust leak. i made a simple tune to disable closed loop and getting the 32mpg that i used to get. but the rpms still move a little at a stop but thats possibly the exhaust leak symptom

Tuner in Training
    even in open loop mpg city is down. was thinking purge valve or behind it but i have it disconnected with the code off and still trims are leanish. i tried to put new gasket and clamp hard to say if it fixed it. o2 are still zigzag and not wavy. im uploading the logs from the first one which has limited sensors and the current one from last night just to see if anyone notices anything strange.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    now im seeing fuels going both ways negative in park positive steady speeds lol something has been weird here as i finally had a odd idle and it went into open loop? i cant upload the log some reason? guess google drive lol

GDrive

Tuner in Training
    so heres the last update hopefully but still cant figure the idle part out. since i replaced the o2 sensor with a gm genuine one trims are fine even at idle but cant figure out the rpms at idle. while at a stop rpms dip like maybe 50 twice then are fine but if if i have the car in manual/sport mode it doesnt do this?