Thread: 2018 dodge 3500 cummins transmission tuning

Tuner in Training

2018 dodge 3500 cummins transmission tuning

this truck is bone stock needs some trans tuning. is behind a trailer every day of its life and needs to shift firmer and torque convertor lockup needs serious improvement. i have tuned fords ,chevys.and a 2014 hemi , i am new to tuning and am wondering what all im gonna run into doing trans tuning on a 2018. 3500 its not a aisin trans it the dodges trans. its my uncles truck and he has a 2012 dodge 2500 that has weight removed from it . that one also needs improvement. am i gonna have trouble tuning that one because of a tune being already on it? also if someone has tune files for these trucks or would like to tune off my ecm and tcm reads. i would be happy to pay somone to do tuning if i know the trucks can have there files pulled off without being paperweights afterwards

If either truck is currently tuned you run a high chance of having the ecm locked up from trying to read it with HP Tuners. Both trucks mentioned, the ecm and tcm are one and the same, there is no separation between them unless the truck is equipped with the aisin. Can?t just tune and write to transmission only, a write applies to all, engine and transmission. Neither need the tune read out to make a tune file either, all a person needs is VIN number, ecm serial number and transmission type. Sometimes the calibration number is good to have as well. Tuning the transmission it?s easy to get lost in it when new to it.