Thread: 2006 Turbo Jeep 2.4L TJ NGC3 Issue

Potential Tuner

2006 Turbo Jeep 2.4L TJ NGC3 Issue

Hi,
    I am working with a 2006 Jeep Wrangler 2.4L with the NGC3 PCM. The engine has been turbocharged and for some reason it hits a fuel/ignition cut shortly after the engine runs into positive pressure. It is running the SRT4 Map sensor, and I have adjusted the map settings to suit. It also has deatschwerks 1000cc injectors with the correct data entered. It runs great under vacuum/part throttle but it seems like whenever it hits 5-7 psi of boost, it will cut fuel, ignition, or both. After that happens, it wont rev past 3800 rpm even in neutral. I have to re-flash the pcm in order for it to rev freely, and it will be fine until it runs into boost. I know that these engines were never turbocharged so I am wondering if there is a hard coded limit or something in the pcm that I cannot bypass. I've re-scaled all of the load axis for positive pressure. I am not sure if I am missing anything but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Attached Files Attached Files

I bet the issue is youre hitting boost cut but the tables arent there , get with hp tuners and send a support ticket as it should be the same as the neon srt4 or find somebody that is good with Winols and dump into into hp tuners using user define.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the reply, I contacted HPTuners and it is not something they are willing to get into as it is not really a problem with their software or hardware which is understandable. I tried using a spare NGC1 controller from an 03 srt-4 just out of curiosity and it did start and run. The vehicle is running ethanol and 1000cc injectors so I only had it running for a couple seconds on the NGC1. HPTuners does not support the NGC1 PCM so I am currently sourcing a NGC3 from an 04-05 srt-4, and I am hoping that I can work with that.

Tuner in Training
    stratus N/A 2.4L with turbo tables
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the reply, I tried using the stratus calibration but I had the same result unfortunately. I also tried using a neon srt4 calibration but it ran too rough for me to drive it. I am going to try a neon pcm this weekend.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ballparkfrank View Post
    Thank you for the reply, I tried using the stratus calibration but I had the same result unfortunately. I also tried using a neon srt4 calibration but it ran too rough for me to drive it. I am going to try a neon pcm this weekend.
    I assume you did a "write entire" with an 04/05 SRT-4 calibration into your stock PCM when you tried this? If so, you should try again, and you'll want to pull either the ASD fuse to cut power to the PCM, or disconnect battery cable to do the same. Writing a different OS ID to a PCM without clearing the adaptives will cause the vehicle to run like poo, almost like it's not firing on all cylinders. It's worth a shot.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the suggestion, I disconnected the positive terminal before doing a "write entire" and now it runs great on the 04/05 SRT-4 calibration. There is no longer a fuel or ignition cut and no more boost limit. Last night I had it at 10 psi and I was able to run it though the entire rpm range. Thank you all for your help and input!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ballparkfrank View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion, I disconnected the positive terminal before doing a "write entire" and now it runs great on the 04/05 SRT-4 calibration. There is no longer a fuel or ignition cut and no more boost limit. Last night I had it at 10 psi and I was able to run it though the entire rpm range. Thank you all for your help and input!
    That's great news!

try ...
    engine:fuelpen loop/base:fuel mass multiple vs vac.... and scale it for boost (negative numbers)