Thread: LS swap limp mode

Potential Tuner

LS swap limp mode

Finishing up my LS/4l60e swap into my 1978 Ford Bronco. Ran it on the dyno and was happy with where it was at. Took it out to do some real world driving and it goes into limp mode on hard acceleration/WOT from 2nd to 3rd gear. Ive posted the tune and log. At a loss on why its going into limp mode. Never went into limp on dyno during WOT runs, but trans was locked into 3rd. Thanks78' bronco driving tune trans update 12-1 20 degree 1-22-24.hptbronco 3rd drive limp mode.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Try to scan for codes when it goes into a limp mode. That will tell us what is going on.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    When I scanned for codes while it was limp mode no codes were present

Senior Tuner
    Try again. If its in limp mode it will have a code. Sometimes the scanner is a bit buggy about reading codes and the log has to be stopped to do it.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Yeah I had to do it 3 times to get it to scan, thank you.
    code scan bronco.pngcode scan bronco pt 2.png