Thread: Gen V Stock 6L80 improvement tune

Potential Tuner

Gen V Stock 6L80 improvement tune

Hey all! I have a 2015 Yukon that I?ve just installed a factory style billet converter in. I followed a video by Matt Sanford on how to tune the factory transmission and it definitely feels better. However, 1-2 upshift is pretty harsh. Does anyone have a good tune that doesn?t have that issue? I?m new to all of this so any help is appreciated!

Advanced Tuner
    You forgot to post the tune. This is from a modified suburban with stock trans. I didn't do anything different in the trans that I wouldn't do on a stock truck however.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    For some reason it wont upload. Its showing a BTC file and that its unsupported. Can I convert it to a hpt file like yours? Or maybe Im trying to upload the wrong file..

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 04silverado6.0 View Post
    You forgot to post the tune. This is from a modified suburban with stock trans. I didn't do anything different in the trans that I wouldn't do on a stock truck however.
    Also, what truck is this tune for? Will it hurt if its loaded into a 2015 year model?

Senior Tuner
    You never just load another tune into a ecm/tcm that is not based on what was read from them ever. Load it as a compare file and copy over whatever you want to use. But even that can be risky if the OS are different or a different MY if you don’t know what you are doing.