Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Driver Demand Editor: new tool for tuning DBW throttle mapping

Quote Originally Posted by WingsAA View Post
    When I look at the "Load vs Pedal" now I'm seeing some goofy average lines (VSS Column: 50KPH as an example) and trying to determine how to interpret and remedy them. Maybe I'm working backward by looking at the 1-dimensional and should focus on just copying and pasting the CSV results first and going from there.
    That example is weird because there's a gap in your logged data. You don't need to do anything about it though, because the app is smart enough to handle this in most cases. Once you copy the output DD table to VCM Editor and do any fine-tuning that's required, it should be OK to load to your car.

Quote Originally Posted by WingsAA View Post
    I wanted to dive into the weeds a bit on this regarding the applied usage. Everything is working well but wanted to get some clarification on how I'm applying my logic from the outputs and making edits to my DD.

If I look at the "Results" my 1-dimensional profile views are all now pretty smooth across all ranges. This was after making some manual edits to the DD table initially by looking at just the 1-dimensional views. And will add that drivability feels pretty good as well. Have not copied and pasted the overall DD from the CSV yet.
    Wait a sec, just to verify... the DD table that was used while logging data must be what you paste into the Inputs tab. You should NOT be making any edits there to affect the results of the Load vs Pedal plots or 1-dimensional profile views. When you download the output CSV, you copy it directly into VCM Editor, do your fine tuning there, then load the new tune to your car. If you want to do a second pass, you must record a new data log and repeat this process from start to end.

This is the process I walk through in the video - is this the process you're using?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CYN_CRVR View Post
    Wait a sec, just to verify... the DD table that was used while logging data must be what you paste into the Inputs tab. You should NOT be making any edits there to affect the results of the Load vs Pedal plots or 1-dimensional profile views. When you download the output CSV, you copy it directly into VCM Editor, do your fine tuning there, then load the new tune to your car. If you want to do a second pass, you must record a new data log and repeat this process from start to end.

This is the process I walk through in the video - is this the process you're using?
    Correct, the DD table that was used while logging data is what I pasted into the Inputs tab.
    The only thing I did was make some manual edits to my DD table based on what I was seeing on the 1-dimensional view as it didn't look that bad overall. I didn't copy and paste the CSV file.

I pushed another update this week. I'm not expecting to make any other significant changes in the near future unless someone posts a bug report or compelling feature request.
    Current version is dated 6-Feb-2024.

Definetaly going to be playing with this soon. Thank you for the hard work and know how to put this together CYN_CRVR

Anyone interested in my tool should also be aware of the Torque Request Rate Limits tables. Here's a thread about them from a few years ago:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...st-Rate-Limits

Tuner
    Three newbie questions....

1) In the input tab where the DD table is pasted in, it shows KPH and MPH. Does it matter which one is selected? HP Tuners only says it's "VSS" (or RPM)

2) Does anyone know how to map the DD tables to the Perf Traction Mgt (PTM) modes in the Corvette? The original tables have a very minor amount of variability between A, B, and C...but not much. I'll probably just use the same for all 3 but I'm curious.

3) Lastly, I did a test log just to see what it would look like and it seems really strange. I can see in my log 95% Absolute Load in 3rd gear at 65mph but I guess I'm not understanding the tables?...

2024-02-11 210946 DD tables.jpg

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 96GS007 View Post

1) In the input tab where the DD table is pasted in, it shows KPH and MPH. Does it matter which one is selected? HP Tuners only says it's "VSS" (or RPM) Depends on how you have your editor setup. If it's setup to show metric then it'll show kph and you need to set the tool that way. If it's standard then it should be displaying as mph

2) Does anyone know how to map the DD tables to the Perf Traction Mgt (PTM) modes in the Corvette? The original tables have a very minor amount of variability between A, B, and C...but not much. I'll probably just use the same for all 3 but I'm curious. I don't remember if it's "just" these tables for the different modes. I know there are different background torque tables that pertain to throttle performance too.

3) Lastly, I did a test log just to see what it would look like and it seems really strange. I can see in my log 95% Absolute Load in 3rd gear at 65mph but I guess I'm not understanding the tables? The output will be all you really need to pay attention to or how you specifically want your throttle to react to pedal input. I always use peppy or a custom version of it unless someone just wants a dialed back OE performer.

2024-02-11 210946 DD tables.jpg
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

1) In the input tab where the DD table is pasted in, it shows KPH and MPH. Does it matter which one is selected? HP Tuners only says it's "VSS" (or RPM)
    If the columns go up to like 240 or something then I'm pretty sure it's KPH.

3) Lastly, I did a test log just to see what it would look like and it seems really strange. I can see in my log 95% Absolute Load in 3rd gear at 65mph but I guess I'm not understanding the tables?...
    Something isn't right here. Can you post your HPL log file? Don't use the outputs until I track down what's going on.
    Last edited by CYN_CRVR; 02-12-2024 at 12:29 AM.

Tuning Addict

Something isn't right here. Can you post your HPL log file? Don't use the outputs until I track down what's going on.
    I just grabbed some random old file and used the wrong DD table, but for mine it had the new projections under current for the most part. I haven't had the need to use it since your last update. Don't know if something changed then?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training

Grab a quick log to verify against however, my Driver Demand is in KPH. For reference, '16 Yukon XL Denali L86, 8l90.

DD.JPG

Tuner

My DD table goes to 260, so I'll roll with KPH....although that's "only" 161mph

I've attached one of two logs. The "2024-02-08 R63 truncated" log in this message is the one that gives the funky results. Due to size of the log, I needed to chop off the last 5 minutes of the drive.

The 2024-02-12 R73 log that will be in my next post is from today and gave what I'd characterize as expected results.

The only difference between the two logs is that R63 has "Absolute Load" only. The R73 log has Absolute and Calculated Engine Load. R63 vs R73 is just the tune file revision I'm using.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 96GS007; 02-13-2024 at 10:50 AM.

Tuner
    For some reason I can't upload the R73 file even though it's 1.1Mb smaller than the max size allowed. Here's a screenshot of what I saw...

Screenshot 2024-02-12 201554.jpg
    Last edited by 96GS007; 02-12-2024 at 08:21 PM.

Tuner
    I truncated the R73 file even further....a bit over 2Mb vs a little over 8
    Attached Files Attached Files

96GS007, thanks for providing logs and additional info.

I decided to remove support for Absolute Load. If there are any ECUs out there that don't provide Calculated Load (which is an SAE pid, by the way) then I can probably add it back in, but it will require additional testing.

Tuner
    96GS007, thanks for providing logs and additional info.

I decided to remove support for Absolute Load. If there are any ECUs out there that don't provide Calculated Load (which is an SAE pid, by the way) then I can probably add it back in, but it will require additional testing.

Thanks for the quick update!

I just re-ran a test case with R63 and the two updated files and get errors as expected

Btw....The first time I re-ran it I had only updated the DLL file and the results looked as you'd expect even though it was only with Absolute Load. I then updated the app.R file and that crashed it with errors as mentioned above. Just wanted to let you know in case that helps with future updates/trouble-shooting

Tuner
    Did about an hour drive tonight and all looks good.

I think I have the fuel trims sorted. I plan to drive it a bit on this tune for several days in varying temps / conditions and assuming all is good I'll upload the "Peppy" table.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 190534 R76.jpg

Did about an hour drive tonight and all looks good.

I think I have the fuel trims sorted. I plan to drive it a bit on this tune for several days in varying temps / conditions and assuming all is good I'll upload the "Peppy" table.

Screenshot 2024-02-13 190534 R76.jpg
    Do me a favor and update your app.R, dll.R, and ideal.RData files, then re-run this same log and post the same screenshot. Seeing something in your data made me do a couple tweaks. Thanks,

Tuner
    Do me a favor and update your app.R, dll.R, and ideal.RData files, then re-run this same log and post the same screenshot. Seeing something in your data made me do a couple tweaks. Thanks,
    Here ya go! .....

Screenshot 2024-02-14 190534 R78.jpg

OK thanks, doesn't seem to be a significant difference from the prior version, but you should still be good to use it.

I would recommend the default profile for your first go-around with this particular log, then take it from there. Also remember to manually increase the values in the last row a bit if your car is modified.