Thread: Hellcat in 2017 SRT

Potential Tuner

Hellcat in 2017 SRT

I'm in the process of putting a hellcat engine in my 2017 Jeep GC SRT, I know its possible to use my 6.4 PCM and have it tuned however I would proffer to start with the stock Trackhawk PCM then do additional tuning later once its running ok. I proffer to do it this way so I can be confident the engine is running fine before any tuning, if I use a tuned 6.4, I wont know if any issues are mechanical or tune related. Also by using the Trackhawk PCM it means the PCM will be able to correctly control the bypass valve which is not possible with the 6.4 and needs separate controller.

Has anyone done this? clearly if I use the trackhawk engine wiring then as far as the engine goes everything should work, what about compatibility with the rest of the cars wiring? Can the later Trackhawk PCM work with the 2017 SRT wiring loom without significant changes?

Thanks
    Last edited by str77x; 01-24-2024 at 07:42 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes and no, Trackhawk vehicle wiring is TOTALLY different.
    You should just use the 6.4 PCM with a smooth boost controller for the bypass valve.
    No wideband control just the 6.4 narrowbands so will need to be tuned with external wideband and on the dyno for WOT.
    Works well if done correctly. This is simplest way.
    Trackhawk PCM/loom swap can be done but aint easy.
    Last edited by Hemituna; 01-26-2024 at 05:23 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemituna View Post
    Works well if done correctly.
    Have you done one of these yourself? is it fair to assume that if the Trackhawk engine is stock, then a tune from one 6.4 upgrade should be transferable to another with same setup?

I'm in the middle east and not confident of the experience of the tuners round here.

You need a hellcat PCM + engine harness. Body connector is the same for all GPEC(can have different options tho)
    You can tune it on 6.4 PCM but why make your life harder.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    You need a hellcat PCM + engine harness. Body connector is the same for all GPEC(can have different options tho)
    You can tune it on 6.4 PCM but why make your life harder.
    So the 2018 Trackhawk PCM will work with my 2017 SRT? I'm getting very mixed messages on this.

Advanced Tuner
    Seems the BCM and other wiring/hardware is different. Fuel pump for a 6.4 gets a steady 12v

All GPEC controllers have the same connectors, Hellcat PCM will start in 5.7 or 6.4 chassis as well 5.7 and 6.4 will run in 3.6 chassis.
    You might have some differences in BODY connector but nothing that cant be modified.

This is of course not even remotely to be p&p - we did few swaps like this and were able to make it running but it was a hassle.