Thread: L92 swap in a 2004 silverado P59 Manual trans

Potential Tuner

L92 swap in a 2004 silverado P59 Manual trans

i am in a process of swapping my 2004 silverado with a LQ4 currently in it and want to install a 2008 L92. it Will have a aftermarket cam and vvt delete and the lingenfelter 58X to 24X converter box. I am sure it will start and run with the tune from the Lq4 but would like to know if the P59 will do the job for the 6.2L . i dont find much info about this swap on the forum. thanks for the help

Tuner
    marcmcg

You have a lot to consider with your swap. First, I am no expert but have this to offer. The L92 is a gen 4 and you appear to recognize this by the 58X conversion. You do not mention the ecu you are planning to use but I would think the E38 that goes with you L92 might be a good choice. Most L92 /ecu's need input from the transmission and you will not have that from the P59. So the next best thing is you may want to use an E38 that is programmed for a standard transmission. In that endeavor you will find that an LS3 ECU with standard trans may meed your needs. If you go this route you may have a injector size change you have to deal with. Don't forget throttle body and gas pedal with that 09 L92. In summary, I love your plans and I wish you well but you have a lot to consider.

Potential Tuner
    I will be using the p59 ecu from my 2005 silverado to keep my gauge and accessories intact . I will only swap the long block with the intake manifold from the L92 and will be using my upgrade injector I already have and my throttle body with a adapter for now. Will extend the knock sensor harness and everything should go well ! My only concern is tuning wise but pretty sure I will get figure this out with some help! Appreciate the reply

'upgrade injector' is a red flag, as that's a phrase used almost exclusively with the offshore knockoffs with totally unknown data.

Potential Tuner
    Well didnt want to write this like that but they are FIC 58lbs/hrs that I already have in the truck currently with the Lq4 and truck norris cam. They are a year old less than 1000km on them