Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SRT Drive Modes

Tuner in Training

SRT Drive Modes

Can the SRT drive modes from a A8 Hellcat Challenger be tuned to a A8 Challenger 5.7? I know the two cars have different transmissions, but I am looking for the shift points used on Hellcat in Track Mode. I am a tuning n00b and trying to learn so be gentle if this is a stupid question. I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Potential Tuner
    The SRT drive modes themselves I think you'd have to go outside of hptuners for. Though tuning the shift patterns from one to the other should be easy enough. It wont function in the same way, ie. having an actual track mode. I know on the older scat packs you could add track mode with the tazer from z automotive. Unsure about 5.7s.

Tuner in Training
    PXL_20240110_213235216~2.jpg
    I've already made all the changes to my BCM. My car thinks it's a Hellcat. It even recognizes that I'm using a red key.

The engine side of it, the trans side cant be changed(editor wont allow it, hard coded)
    image.png

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    The engine side of it, the trans side cant be changed(editor wont allow it, hard coded)
    image.png
    Hmmm, do you know how to adjust throttle response in "sport" or "Track" modes?

To the OP it can be done with TaZer or Alfa OBD.
    I am not the guy that tunes transmissions, our username is similar. If yo message me about I am not replying anymore.

Advanced Tuner
    i do

i will show you if you tune my trans

Quote Originally Posted by dodgeboy View Post

The tables below that corresponds to what I pictured? Common "move" your brain/ass a bit.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    i do

share your tune file with me and i will write a trans tune to try out.

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    pm dodgeboy
    Last edited by LilSick; 01-29-2024 at 05:10 PM.

You have to set up a PID in your scanner to log shift aggression when you change your car from Normal to Sport and Track. Then you would have to do the same in a Hellcat and copy those track settings into your track settings, if they are not the same. With a 5.7L though, you do not need it shifting at higher RPMS. But if you want, there is a spread sheet on "The Tuning School's" website for the A8 that convers engine RPM to transmission tail shaft speed (which is what you use to tune shift points).
    I am not the guy that tunes transmissions, our username is similar. If yo message me about I am not replying anymore.

Tuner in Training

I have both but prefer to use AlfaOBD. Can you tell me where I would find that info in Alfa?

Quote Originally Posted by drizze99 View Post
    I have both but prefer to use AlfaOBD. Can you tell me where I would find that info in Alfa?
    I miss understood you, I thought you wanted to add track mode to the R/T, which you already did.

You basically told your car it is an SRT and enabled the package for the Hellcat. If you have a red key and program it to your car, there is a place in HP Tuners to cut the horsepower level when using the black key but I do not know why you would want to.

I have both as well and prefer Alfa, I just use the Tazer for Line Lock and "cool down" when I used to go to the drag strip.

i do

Why? Are you mad at your transmission and want it destroyed?

Tuner in Training
    I miss understood you, I thought you wanted to add track mode to the R/T, which you already did.

You basically told your car it is an SRT and enabled the package for the Hellcat. If you have a red key and program it to your car, there is a place in HP Tuners to cut the horsepower level when using the black key but I do not know why you would want to.

I have both as well and prefer Alfa, I just use the Tazer for Line Lock and "cool down" when I used to go to the drag strip.
    Right now I am working with a software engineer to fix two issues. I have the RPM bug because my car is a 2016 but I have a 2020 UConnect because I wanted CarPlay. My launch control is stuck at 1000 RPM. He is creating a CAN interceptor that will fix the RPM issue and he is also going to add Line Lock to it so I can get rid of my TaZer. I am not a fan of that device. Its good for someone that just wants plug and play but I unmarried my car once and it wrecked my BCM so right now its collecting dust and hopefully I can dump it soon. I really would like to get track mode working and mimic a Hellcat.

I do have the black key mode but I haven't done anything with it yet. Once I add more power to the car (twin turbo or SC), I'll set-up the black key. I do have a 22 yr old with a lead foot LOL. I also use valet mode as my anti-theft on the car. I have the throttle multiplier set to 0% so they can get in the car but they ain't going anywhere!

Right now I am working with a software engineer to fix two issues. I have the RPM bug because my car is a 2016 but I have a 2020 UConnect because I wanted CarPlay. My launch control is stuck at 1000 RPM. He is creating a CAN interceptor that will fix the RPM issue and he is also going to add Line Lock to it so I can get rid of my TaZer. I am not a fan of that device. Its good for someone that just wants plug and play but I unmarried my car once and it wrecked my BCM so right now its collecting dust and hopefully I can dump it soon. I really would like to get track mode working and mimic a Hellcat.

I do have the black key mode but I haven't done anything with it yet. Once I add more power to the car (twin turbo or SC), I'll set-up the black key. I do have a 22 yr old with a lead foot LOL. I also use valet mode as my anti-theft on the car. I have the throttle multiplier set to 0% so they can get in the car but they ain't going anywhere!
    I won't marry mine to my car anymore.

Advanced Tuner
    I won't marry mine to my car anymore.
    cannot is not same as will not : )

track mode is overrated

I can get at the tables and do what I need to do in sport

i am not a tazer fan either

Tuner in Training
    cannot is not same as will not : )

track mode is overrated

I can get at the tables and do what I need to do in sport

i am not a tazer fan either
    Where are the tables? Could normal be replaced with Sport Mode and Sport Mode be the Track Mode?

Where are the tables? Could normal be replaced with Sport Mode and Sport Mode be the Track Mode?
    https://www.dodgedurango.net/threads...e-modes.87960/

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! The stock Demon files I have do not show all those tabs in the transmission tune file. Weird. My Hellcat files have all those tabs though. I need to track down a stock HC file now...

Tuner in Training
    Thanks! The stock Demon files I have do not show all those tabs in the transmission tune file. Weird. My Hellcat files have all those tabs though. I need to track down a stock HC file now...
    Here's a stock 2020 Charger Hellcat TCM read for you ...

8 Speed 2020 Charger Hellcat TCM Stock Read.hpt