Thread: Review my stage 3 tune. Simos 18.6

Tuner in Training

Review my stage 3 tune. Simos 18.6

Hey all, it's been a slow learning process but I am trying.

I have just installed a GTX3071r on my A6 and after spending a few days of messing with the tune, I would like, if someone that has more experience than me to look at my tune (stock and modified) and scan log. I am open to any suggestions/comments regarding the tune.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by blacka6; 01-26-2024 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Inserted the right scan

Tuner in Training
    Anyone?

Advanced Tuner
    Hard to see what's going on in the log... please get a log with the attached log list.

Also, here's a quick r2 file if you want to load it up. moved a few torque limiters out of the way. r2 file + that log list will hopefully shed some light on how it's doing and then go from there.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Hard to see what's going on in the log... please get a log with the attached log list.

Also, here's a quick r2 file if you want to load it up. moved a few torque limiters out of the way. r2 file + that log list will hopefully shed some light on how it's doing and then go from there.
    Please see the attached. I greatly appreciate the help sir.

Advanced Tuner
    I looked over them quickly, still no real progress. A couple issues.... the turbo spools really slow, and it's not even hitting boost target by 4500-5000rpm or whatever. The WG starts to crack open before approaching TIP desired too....weird.

One problem is that the ECU is referencing WG modeling tables for the stock turbo (is20?), so it's way way off for a 3071. You can't really tweak or tune this in a meaningful way on hptuners because you can't log the axis values.

Going to be an uphill battle I'm afraid since this isn't a common OS/box code like in the MQB VW/Audi cars so there's a lot of unknowns. Might be some torque or airflow limiter tables that aren't defined in HPT. Hard to pinpoint what the issue is due to limited logging capability.

I'll keep looking around and see if I can find anything else

Tuner in Training
    Hmm.. I know its a bigger turbo (54/60) than the is20 and I do see boost starting around 2.5-3k but yes, it does spool slower until it gets going. I was wondering if another stage 3 table may work, hmm.

Ugh, I was afraid it was going to be something with logging capabilities.

Again, I really appreciate the help here. Guess, I'll have to take it easy until I can get it tweaked or tuned. I'll keep digging around as well.