Thread: Getting ready to od cam swap... trying to get all of my ducks in a row...

Potential Tuner

Getting ready to od cam swap... trying to get all of my ducks in a row...

Hey Ya'll! I have been doing very basic tuning for the past couple years... (Tire size, gear ratio, vats, Fans, etc...) I am getting ready to do a truck norris cam in the LS1 in my 98 S-10. Currently it is a LS1 / 5 speed but I will be swapping in a 4L60 soon. I guess the first thing to ask is would the group here be willing to help me with the tuning of the truck? (It just kills me to spend $600 on a tune... Especially when I have HP Tuners and its already unlocked. although it should be right when finished.) Also, What would need to change in the tune between auto and 5 speed ? It says to make sure and upload tune files. (I have done a lot of editing on the fuel gauge table to get it accurate...) Please Don't roast me too bad...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Normally I would say that the first step would be to get a file originally set up for a 4l60, but it appears the one you are running is such. This leaves the possible need to compare it to a file that was not changed to run a manual trans, and maybe re-enabling some auto trans DTCs or other settings. After the cam swap, consult the guides here on how to adjust accordingly. I am sure you will have some wiring issues to deal with, but that will depend on what harness you are using.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedPS View Post
    .....would the group here
    there also is a website dedicated to S10s and V8 swaps, also LS stuff...

https://www.s10forum.com/forums/lsx-discussion.213/

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedPS View Post
    Currently it is a LS1..
    Is that the stock LS1 timing table or has it been modified?

Potential Tuner
    I started with a 2006 avalanche 5.3 ecm downloaded a 2000 Corvette tune from the repository and copied over everything (I think I got it all) I have put about 20,000 miles on the truck so far... It runs great. the only issue I have is that at crusing at appx 2100 rpm it throws a misfire code... If I accelerate just a little it goes away till I start to cruise again I have about 4 or 5 tune files from my tuning process... (I still have the stock tune file if that is where I should start) Thanks for any help...