Thread: Another licensing question

Tuner in Training

Another licensing question

I bought a new ECM for my 2009 GEN four engine. I licensed it which used 2 credits and was able to write my initial tune removing the VATS and DOD. But I?ve made several changes to that tune saving each change as a separate file so I can go back for reference. Now the only file that its allowing me to write to the ECM is the stock file that I read originally and the first revision removing vats and dod, it will not allow me to write any of the additional revisions that I saved, it keeps saying I need to license again? Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Post the files - one that it allows you to write, and one that it doesn't - to get answers rather than blind guesses based on assumptions.

Tuner in Training
    OK, no problem, I’m very ignorant to this whole process. I’ve just started doing this. Do I literally just copy my tune that is in my file and post here? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jdb1994 View Post
    But I?ve made several changes to that tune saving each change as a separate file
    You have multiple files saved? And some of them it lets you write? And some of them it does not? Can I please see one of the files it lets you write, and one that it does not let you write? So that I can compare them to see what is different, if anything?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, how can I send them to you? I tried pasting them here but I guess it doesn’t work that way. Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Let?s try this
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    The 1.1 I can write to the ECU, 1.5 it says I’m not licensed.

File that isn't licensed is because it's corrupt, can't use that one for anything.

good file.png corrupt file.png

How did all these segments get changed? What did you try to do?!
    12630501 > 12630501
    12651286 > 12626749 ???
    12651268 > 12626736 ???
    12626793 > 12626793
    12651248 > 12626714 ???
    12651186 > 12631161 ???
    Whatever it was, don't do it again.

Tuner in Training
    Well, there’s some history. My original ecm that came with this motor was programmed with this motor before I bought it. I gave it back to the original programmer to remove vats when I bought it. I was never able to license it after I got it back and hptuner tech support told me it was corrupted by that guy somehow and I would have to buy another ecm. Which I did. I obviously wasn’t going to use the same program that I had downloaded from the old ECU since it was corrupted, didn’t wanna take a chance of corrupting the new ECM. So I went page for page and changed everything on the new program to match the old one so something in there that I’m changing is what’s causing this. I was really hoping I could tune this myself, but don’t know crap about tuning. That’s why I was just gonna copy it page for page, looks like I might have to take it somewhere to have it tuned after all. So I should probably delete all files after 1.1

Can you not just read out and save the file that's in the ECM right now?

Tuner in Training
    The 1.1 file is what’s loaded on the ecm currently. I just have to change the settings for the cam that’s installed and the stall converter.

Tuner in Training
    Oh and I have to change diff gear from 3.73 to 4.10. Also tires size if it makes a difference with the transmission.

Well I just used the Compare feature, and copied all the differences (except ECM 33030*) from the 1.5 file into the 1.1 file and saved with a new name, and it didn't go corrupt. I don't know if that's the best for what you're trying to do, but it doesn't corrupt anything.

Jeep New ECM 1.6.hpt

* Type CTRL+N to open the navigator where you can search for terms or ID numbers, will take you right to it

Tuner in Training
    Wow, that’s awesome thank you. I really need to figure this program out. From what you saw does everything look like what you would expect to see in a tune with a stage 3 low lift cam? And did I adjust the final gear ratio correctly?

I did not look at any of the settings, as this is a thread asking about a licensing issue that turned out to be a corrupted file.

Tuner in Training
    Ok cool, thanks a lot for your help, much appreciated