Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOD delete tune issues

Tuning Addict
    Attached should be a stock file to compare to.

I would almost say if all of this started after the injectors, then either they're bad or something is leaking somewhere such as a vacuum leak or everything was WAY out of whack due to the bad injectors. You can make a cheap smoke tester using a cigar and hand oil pump per you tube

I don't think you understood what I was saying earlier. I was saying that you needed the tstat to get it to temp. Once at temp you then would dial in your fueling. New injectors will require the same thing - to have everything dialed back in. Also keep in mind ANY adjustments to fuel will change torque and thus require torque to be dialed back in.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Attached should be a stock file to compare to.

I would almost say if all of this started after the injectors, then either they're bad or something is leaking somewhere such as a vacuum leak or everything was WAY out of whack due to the bad injectors. You can make a cheap smoke tester using a cigar and hand oil pump per you tube

I don't think you understood what I was saying earlier. I was saying that you needed the tstat to get it to temp. Once at temp you then would dial in your fueling. New injectors will require the same thing - to have everything dialed back in. Also keep in mind ANY adjustments to fuel will change torque and thus require torque to be dialed back in.

Thank you for the stock tune file to compare to.

so injectors def screwed with my tune, and caused me all sorts of tail chasing. i replaced all 8 injectors. upon first start up was running super rich, would idle super low (around 500 rpm) then try and pick up the rpm and rev to about 2000 rpm. put it into gear and it would mellow out. did a couple runs to get the fuel closer to stoich hoping it would fix my idle issue some. i know that torque is going to need to be dialed in to correct fully. when looking at all my torque cmd, pred, and actual the numbers are all over the place. and if i understand this correctly torque management will pull fueling to correct for discrepancies so if my tq mngt is all over the pace wont that affect my fuel tables and cause false AFR data? I attached my last data log so you can get an idea what im looking at as far as tq management numbers.Recent Run.hpl

Tuning Addict
    Why did you kill trim correction?

Yeah, when she's like that, she's way out and she'll be sensitive to get right, so be prepared for that.

I'm just going to give you a heads up with this cam too. If it's like some of the other "stage 1" TSP cams I've done, it's actually a little more aggressive than a stage 2 btr as far as the idle goes. TSP loves to put big lope in small cams when they don't need to.

A couple of things you can do just to work around the current TM issue - raise external load for hot idle up around 450 or 500. Then shape the torque model to bring the timing back up. This is actually why I get ticked tuning some gen V's. Worn injectors or junk new ones and EVERYTHING is different... Once you get idle timing back positive and fueling really close on both the MAF and VE with the engine hot you can post the tune and a corresponding log and I can get your torque model in the ball park.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training

Yeah, when she's like that, she's way out and she'll be sensitive to get right, so be prepared for that.

I'm just going to give you a heads up with this cam too. If it's like some of the other "stage 1" TSP cams I've done, it's actually a little more aggressive than a stage 2 btr as far as the idle goes. TSP loves to put big lope in small cams when they don't need to.

A couple of things you can do just to work around the current TM issue - raise external load for hot idle up around 450 or 500. Then shape the torque model to bring the timing back up. This is actually why I get ticked tuning some gen V's. Worn injectors or junk new ones and EVERYTHING is different... Once you get idle timing back positive and fueling really close on both the MAF and VE with the engine hot you can post the tune and a corresponding log and I can get your torque model in the ball park.
    Trims are off cause I failed the O2 cause I have the wideband in and the stock O2 is pulled out for tuning.

Ok thanks?of course I had to pick the weird cam. What do you mean shape tq model. Can you elaborate little more.

Tuning Addict
    Don't ever pull out the precat O2 without setting it up in the tune to not use the O2's and be in open loop Hopefully yours is old enough that it won't go apeshit bonkers. Put the precat back and reactivate along with the rear O2's still being installed. It'll need them to verify the front O2's operations and to know it can rely on them. Drive it a little like that at a highway speed for 20 or so mins. Should be enough for it to run it's "self verification" test. After that, pull the rear O2 or install a precat O2 bung and put the wideband in there. These things - depending on year and OS - will divert to using post cat O2's for fuel control if it sees a complete failure or loss of the precat O2's. Been there, done that myself even though I didn't know that was a thing until that point.

To shape the torque model - install the stock model. Take 30% out of the furthest left, then 27ish percent, then 20 then 12 in the map and airmass models. Make sure to do both. Smooth 2 times from 1600 to the left. That should get you in the same-ish part of the state.... Make sure for the negative numbers your multiplying by 1.3, 1.27, 1.2 and 1.12 to make them more negative and then the positive numbers by the .7 to make them more negative.

Myself and others offer remote tuning too, if you decide you want to go that route.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training

so the top row is alread bumped across the temps to 500, do i need to make it 500 futher down the RPM range or just down the high temp side, i did notice that the stock file you sent me undeer this had a curve to it but mine up top is flat across the board no curve. im guessing this is something the person before me did. do i need to re shape this to match closer to the stock curve. or is it fine to leave it flat like that. i attached my tune so you can look at it.

Tuning Addict
    Can you post a pic of what you're talking about? There aren't any temps in the torque model.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Or are you talking about external load? That would make sense if you are. Also looks like you might have a more tamer stage 1 cam if the VE is right. How off is your VE right now?

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Or are you talking about external load? That would make sense if you are. Also looks like you might have a more tamer stage 1 cam if the VE is right. How off is your VE right now?
    yeah i was talking about the external load. My VE is not right. i have not done a VE log since i replaced the fuel injectors yet but i did right before hand and it was way on the rich side (.87-.95 lamba)

Tuning Addict
    Modify the torque model how I instructed, then dial your VE in and attach the longest in and out of driving log combined with some decent idle time as the forum will allow. Maybe even post multiple logs. Make sure to use filters and dial the VE and MAF in at operating temp.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Don't ever pull out the precat O2 without setting it up in the tune to not use the O2's and be in open loop Hopefully yours is old enough that it won't go apeshit bonkers. Put the precat back and reactivate along with the rear O2's still being installed. It'll need them to verify the front O2's operations and to know it can rely on them. Drive it a little like that at a highway speed for 20 or so mins. Should be enough for it to run it's "self verification" test. After that, pull the rear O2 or install a precat O2 bung and put the wideband in there. These things - depending on year and OS - will divert to using post cat O2's for fuel control if it sees a complete failure or loss of the precat O2's. Been there, done that myself even though I didn't know that was a thing until that point.

To shape the torque model - install the stock model. Take 30% out of the furthest left, then 27ish percent, then 20 then 12 in the map and airmass models. Make sure to do both. Smooth 2 times from 1600 to the left. That should get you in the same-ish part of the state.... Make sure for the negative numbers your multiplying by 1.3, 1.27, 1.2 and 1.12 to make them more negative and then the positive numbers by the .7 to make them more negative.

Myself and others offer remote tuning too, if you decide you want to go that route.
    I do have O2 volt readiness set to -1700 so o2 are not in use. yeah i would not have pulled them without disabling them in the tune first. i will eventually put in an extra pre cat bung for the wide band, just havent gotten around to it yet.

awsome thank you for the help. ill go through and adjust that tonight and see how it runs tomorrow morning.

if i cant get this figured this out i will be looking to have someone do the tune for me. i just have not cause i want to figure this out myself. i want to learn this for my self and i greatly appreaciate all the help youve given. definatly given me lot of advice and good info

Tuning Addict
    This should give you something pretty close on your VE to start with.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Modify the torque model how I instructed, then dial your VE in and attach the longest in and out of driving log combined with some decent idle time as the forum will allow. Maybe even post multiple logs. Make sure to use filters and dial the VE and MAF in at operating temp.
    will do. how do i apply filters. i keep seeing it but not sure what it is or how to do it. im assuming that it only records data when certain perimeters are met.but how do you set it up

Tuning Addict
    Right click - graphs layout - function box - [50010.241]>86 AND [6215.241]>57 AND [6215.241]<84
    That's the one for MAF logging

This is for VVE logging - [50010.241]>86 AND ABS([50040.71]-[50040.71.shift(-10)]) < ([50040.71]/[50040.71.shift(-10)])*0.1 & ABS([2311.71]-[2311.71.shift(-10)]) < ([2311.71]/[2311.71.shift(-10)])*0.1 OR [50090.156] > 95

You need those channels in your channel list for the filters to function.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    So made a run but was to big to upload, dont think there is a way to break it up into two files to attach it so ill have to do another log but after i modified the tq tables, i did not mess with the external load table or the VVE table. at idle it is still hunting. i did a cold start and let it idle for 5 min. At first it idled smooth (about a min) and then started hunting again, then did some city driving, then some highway driving, then city driving and then about 5 min of idle (about 3 min of in gear and another 4 in park) i also noticed when coming to a stop and down shifting into first it shifts hard and does not want to idle down and wants to keep driving.

Tuner in Training
    Here is a log for just idle, the first 5 min is in park at idle, at 5 min 40 sec put it in drive for a few min then the last min or so is back into park. when i went back into park it when crazy, couple of things i noticed. when it got down to normal idle speed spark was about -15ish, also until i went back to park bank 1 o2 (wideband) look ok but bank 2 (narrowband) was all over the place. O2 sensor going bad maybe? or didnt get fuel injector plugged up right when i replaced them?Idle Log.hpl

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cmit3125 View Post
    Here is a log for just idle, the first 5 min is in park at idle, at 5 min 40 sec put it in drive for a few min then the last min or so is back into park. when i went back into park it when crazy, couple of things i noticed. when it got down to normal idle speed spark was about -15ish, also until i went back to park bank 1 o2 (wideband) look ok but bank 2 (narrowband) was all over the place. O2 sensor going bad maybe? or didnt get fuel injector plugged up right when i replaced them?Idle Log.hpl
    Post the latest tune file with the VE and MAF dialed in.

~Greg Huggins~