Thread: 2012 Silverado 1500 Autostart

Potential Tuner

2012 Silverado 1500 Autostart

Is there a way to extend the autostart timer on a 2012 Silverado 1500 LTZ? 10 minutes just isn't enough in the winter.

-Slev

Senior Tuner
    It has been asked before and I have never seen a way to extend it. It should do 2 separate 10 minute cycles before you have to insert the key though. My 2013 will.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    It has been asked before and I have never seen a way to extend it. It should do 2 separate 10 minute cycles before you have to insert the key though. My 2013 will.
    Thanks for the info. That's what I've come to find out. I found a vid on YouTube that said if you do the lock and then start on the remote again, after it's been running for 30 seconds but less than 1 min, it should add another 10-min cycle. But I've never been able to get it to do that.

-Slev

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
    Thanks for the info. That's what I've come to find out. I found a vid on YouTube that said if you do the lock and then start on the remote again, after it's been running for 30 seconds but less than 1 min, it should add another 10-min cycle. But I've never been able to get it to do that.

-Slev
    I just wait until the first 10 minutes is up and then do a second one if I think I need one. That works on my 2013.

Tuner in Training
    www.btdieselworks.com

The AutoSync, with BCM programming can extend it to 21 minutes. Allows upto 2500 seconds with additional ECM tuning.
    Many other nice features like DTC reader in dash, remote windows, guages in cluster, emergency strobe, manual high idle.

One of my favorite upgrades for my 2012 Tahoe, though I have not extended warmup beyond 20minutes.
    Last edited by mikez71; 02-06-2024 at 06:35 PM.

Tuner
    Is there a way to extend the autostart timer on a 2012 Silverado 1500 LTZ? 10 minutes just isn't enough in the winter.

-Slev
    It is possible, ECM and BCM both have to be tuned. My truck has 20 times of 20 minutes remote start cycles.

You can dial [ECM] 12630 table to warm faster. Use some retard (negative values) on cold ECT to get more heat.

-Slev
    If you press lock and then start on already remote started vehicle 10-min countdown timer will be restarted. This works only on the first remote start after key cycle and gives potentially almost 20 minutes of running time.
    Last edited by verlon; 02-06-2024 at 12:33 AM.
    2011 Cadillac Escalade L94 w/LS3 valves and valve springs