Thread: HELP Need 2010 6.7L Manual Trans Stock File

Potential Tuner

HELP Need 2010 6.7L Manual Trans Stock File

Hi everyone, I'm having trouble tuning a 2010 Dodge 2500 6.7L with a manual transmission. I can't seem to read the file from the ECM; first off I tried to read the ECM with a slightly older version of the VCM Editor, and it would read to about 50% then say "read failed". So I tried with the latest both Beta and Stable versions, and they both say the same thing - "Incorrect Communications Protocol Detected" - or something to that effect; then no connection. The truck had some emission related codes popping up in the older VCM scanner, but after updating, I get the same message about comm protocol and no connection.
    So after all this I got out my Launch scanner, and I had to make it believe I was working on a 2013 or newer truck to get connected; then the only thing it showed was the U1601 code (no vehicle info, no data, no more emission codes, nothing).
    ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!
    Also does anyone have a stock tune that they wouldn't mind sharing? I'd try to flash the ECM if I had a file.

Thank in advance!

It?s possibly stuck in the bootloader and would need to be bench flashed to recover it

Potential Tuner
    Thank for the advice and file. I’ll see what I can do.

Looks like an automatic transmission calibration by that number and the 2010 to 2012 model years, if the correct model year isn?t used it renders some features like cruise control inoperable without modifications