Thread: 2005 mustang gt ford racing twin 62mm throttle body

Tuner in Training

2005 mustang gt ford racing twin 62mm throttle body

Hey guys I am wondering if anyone has throttle body data for the ford racing throttle body they would like to share for hp tuners. It says that it works without a tune and it does but I have ford racing cams and imrc delete done now and after the last tune session on the dyno I noted that occasionally I am having issues with it almost wanting to stall occassionally on me at idle and wanted to see if the edited throttle body data can help with that. It was a different tuner I had do it prior to me taking the evans performance training and getting into tuning myself. I have made some edits to the file since but in my evans performance training he does not have the information for that particular throttle body and I saw that the scaling on the voltages are different than mine. stormevansedits.hpt I have attached the file I am currently working from if it is needed. Note that I made edits based on the evans performance academy training up to that point, so edited the transport delay for 02 sensors as I have long tubes. I have not edited the maf scaling as it was dialed in by the tuner at the prior dyno session and seemed ok when I logged it. Otherwise I can look at my dashpot settings and edit those to help compensate.
    Last edited by dlambe; 02-03-2024 at 01:44 PM.

I may have some numbers I can post for you this is the twin 62 not 65 mm TB correct? Is the car currently surging on tip in?

Tuner in Training
    Twin 62 and no it does not surge on tip in at all. Appreciate the help.
    Last edited by dlambe; 02-03-2024 at 07:36 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I rewatched the throttle body video he did on the mod motor and got my answer, he used the twin 60mm data from the excel as the base and then log for the errors afterewards. I need to wait till the spring to really drive it to get a good log as its crappy winter here in SK lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dlambe; 02-03-2024 at 08:06 PM.

Here is a 13-14 gt500 60mm thottle body use this to start

Then make a HISTOGRAM log effective area, manifold vacuum, ETC Throttle angle, ETC error, Throttle Angle, Desired Throttle Angle, IPC Error then build the histograms to match your personal tables of the calibration file you can subtract some of the etc error from the table but keep the table smooth in the editor you will have some spots where it would make it a mess don't input those then smooth the ECT tables & test the 60 mm TB DATA will get you pretty close.

This data for a BBK 62MM DUAL on a 3v 4.6 might want to actually start with this instead of the gt500 since you are not running FI you might get better throttle response with the BBK DATA

Another thing you will most likely need to adjust is DASHPOT so the cars knows the actual airflow make histograms and make 2 logs for proper data 1 in park and 1 in drive then input your values and modify until you like where it is at a simple update to start will be multiply the table by 6 to 12 % to start in the lower rpm cells up to 1200 rpms.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help much appreciated.