Thread: GM 3800 KR help

Potential Tuner

GM 3800 KR help

I have a 2007 Pontiac Grand Prix with 172k miles. It has had the Air Box hollowed out and a K&N drop in Air Filter installed. Along with a tune from ZZP. The car has a louder exhaust(the cat was removed as well) so if there is any knock, I cant hear it. Im thinking the car needs a lower engine and transmission mount since i was told it needs one, but was unsure as to which, but would likely replace both any ways. The Spark plugs was replaced around 160k along side the ignition coil, spark plug wires and ICU.
    The main problem I'm seeing is that the car will knock retard at as low as 2.2k RPM all the way up to 6k when it enters Power Enrichment. When it isn't in power enrichment i dont see any Knock Retard even up to around 4k RPMs.
    It to my knowledge does have the factory fuel pump and injectors. I do know that the PCM is likely not the culprit as i have 2 PCM's and both does the same. So unless both has the same problem, i doubt it is the PCM. But if anyone has any ideas, that would be helpful. Thanks.
    Below is the Tune and Log

Remove some timing and increase the fuel octane. If the amount of knock and where it happens does not change, it's 'false knock' (i.e. coming from somewhere other than inside the combustion chamber).