Thread: Just getting started with HP Tuners, unique issue with licensing PCM

Tuner in Training

Just getting started with HP Tuners, unique issue with licensing PCM

Just switched to HP Tuners from using TunerPro/PCM Hammer to tune my LS swapped third gen Camaro. I was very attracted to the greatly improved user interface, set up the scanner to continue my datalogging and tuning the VE table. Having issues licensing my PCM, it appears the vin and serial number are both missing/corrupted. When i first received the PCM (0411) with the used engine i purchased i was unable to read it with PCM Hammer and my OBDXPro tool, it was showing up as being blank? Shorting the recovery pins inside PCM and flashing a complete file from the tunerpro archive got it working for me, started tuning it and car has be running great. Posting a screenshot of the calibration details from the current file i read from the car. Any ideas how to fix this short of replacing the PCM? I have a spare, but was hoping for a software solution. Maybe reading spare PCM and flashing it to the PCM in the car with PCM Hammer? Doesn't seem like it should be able to write the serial number though? I would think that would need to be something that cant be changed
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can easily edit the vin and serial number in tunerpro or universal patcher. Just make sure they match for the OS you are using, or HPtuners will likely have an error with the mismatch. With the capability you already have, this should be a simple 100% software fix. Do a search, because if I recall there is a specific procedure required to get the new vin and serial number to stick in the PCM.

Tuner in Training
    I have found where to change the vin, unsure of the serial number, maybe would have to find it in the hex editor? Would the OS matter? i was going to use the vin and serial of my spare PCM but it is OS 12216121, Or will hptuners allow me to have a vin/OS mismatch as long as it was like that when initially read?