Thread: Help with idle tuning...hopefully I can get the rest

Potential Tuner

Help with idle tuning...hopefully I can get the rest

Hello all,

After some issues with a couple MPVI3 units I have finally been able to get my first log file. That being said I am still learning a lot and would be much obliged if someone with more experience could help guide me a little in the right direction.

Engine setup:

5.3 with stock 706 heads
    Summit Racing Pro LS Turbo Camshaft SUM-8706R1
    COMP Cams Valve Springs 26918-16
    ACCEL 80lb/hr Fuel Injectors 151880
    P59 PCM
    stock truck intake

everything else on the engine is stock other then ARP head studs, I did gap the rings and I am using a standalone harness. I do have a AEM series x wideband but I have not wired it up to start logging yet.

My intentions were to have this engine boosted but currently trying to get it to run decent NA.

I suspect I do not have the tune right for the injectors, I don't remember why I got these instead of the common siemens as I have looked around and I have not found anybody claiming to have correct data for them. Contacting Accel through Holley didn't get me anything more. What I do have is the features table that can be found on Holley's sight under "tech resources" https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...e/parts/151880

I was messing with the cranking timing a little bit tonight and when set at 18deg the engine idled on its own for maybe 3 seconds. Longest it has done but was unable to recreate that scenario after. I did not get a log during this. Log files are
    first attempt: cranking spark 13 deg
    second: cranking spark 20 deg

VCM Scanner.cfgRead 1_16 modified.hptchange log.txtFirst attempt.hplsecond.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Fix your offset table. Those look like Deka 80's being called Accel.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post745020

Return cranking spark to stock.

After that do VE.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you good sir, Ill input that data and see how it goes.