Thread: rear gear change?

Tuner in Training

rear gear change?

I hope this isn't a stupid question and forgive me if it's easy for some but, if I change from a 3.73 gear to a 4.30 gear, do I need to change anything else in the tune except the gear ratio or is all else calculated from there? I'm building a whole new setup and tune for my truck. And I've decided to do it in stages rather then all at once. I am starting with installing a TracLok with 4.30 gears in my 2000 Sierra 2wd w/5.3l and 4l60e. Will get that running right then move on to the engine/trans. Anything else that you guys recommend to look at when changing rear gear?
    2000 Sierra

Senior Tuner
    If you use the Gear/Tire Wizard in the software, it will default to adjust the speedometer and scale the transmission shift tables as well.

That will get you going.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    If you use the Gear/Tire Wizard in the software, it will default to adjust the speedometer and scale the transmission shift tables as well.

That will get you going.
    Thanks, I realized after I posted this question and looked at the gear wizard that it has that option. Sooooo.... I guess it was kinda a stupid question.
    2000 Sierra