Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With First Start on a 911 Swap

The MAF table, at least, is super easy to resolve...

screenshot.10-02-2024 17.34.23.png

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Unknown injector data, and a questionable MAP sensor, and it's a crank/no-start. Amazing. There are too many known-unknowns here left unresolved to be able to diagnose any of the unknown-unknowns that come with an everyday no-start in a swap vehicle. You have a real nightmare here and I do not envy you, I would walk away from one like this in a hot second if someone tried bringing it to me. You need to take a step back and go through this thing and get rid of anything that shouldn't be there. I am sorry.
    There is a singular unknown here... The injector data.
    It is not a questionable MAP sensor... the MAP sensor data is correct. The MAP is correct. It is a 3bar MAP, with 3bar MAP data entered.

As Ive mentioned, the vehicle starts/runs for a moment and then it sounds as though it is shut off.
    I know what an extremely rich vehicle dying sounds like. I am saying that that is not what is happening here.

The scanner still shows that the MAF is not failed. This is the current issue that I am asking for assistance with.
    Any help with what I may have missed in failing the MAF would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by lowlow4g64t; 02-10-2024 at 07:51 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Didn’t know there was such a thing a 3bar map data. There is only data for each map sensor. If there was such a thing a 1 bar, 2 bar etc map data, there wouldn’t be so many post trying got the data correct.

No 2013 Escalade was ever built with a manual transmission, and you have a 2013 Escalade ECM OS there, and no automatic transmission, which is the only way an auto trans ECM can pick up a VSS reading, over CAN from a functioning TCM. Thus you get a constant "158 MPH'. (edit: Oh look, it still has Fuel Cut enabled at 98 MPH. lol.)

Did you try what was suggested about the MAF fail high/low of 2/1 instead of 0/0? Have you been able to put the stock MAF numbers back in? Did any of those make any difference at all? When you are not clear about which steps have been done it leads to people having to re-ask questions and wonder if you did them, or didn't, or didn't catch that part of a previous post, or... You can post your tune/log files as many times as you want, it's free.

The scanner still shows that the MAF is not failed
    Based on what? Checking codes, live, with the toolbar button? Or by looking in the 'Details' tab of a saved log? Or via the MAF Sensor State PID when it cranks, runs, and then dies? Or all of them?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Didn’t know there was such a thing a 3bar map data. There is only data for each map sensor. If there was such a thing a 1 bar, 2 bar etc map data, there wouldn’t be so many post trying got the data correct.
    I suppose Im not following what youre trying to say here. Maybe semantics with what I posted? All Im saying is, I bought the sensor from EFI Source and used the 3bar map data that was provided. There should be zero issue with the MAP Sensor from what I understand.

No 2013 Escalade was ever built with a manual transmission, and you have a 2013 Escalade ECM OS there, and no automatic transmission, which is the only way an auto trans ECM can pick up a VSS reading, over CAN from a functioning TCM. Thus you get a constant "158 MPH'. (edit: Oh look, it still has Fuel Cut enabled at 98 MPH. lol.)

Did you try what was suggested about the MAF fail high/low of 2/1 instead of 0/0? Have you been able to put the stock MAF numbers back in? Did any of those make any difference at all? When you are not clear about which steps have been done it leads to people having to re-ask questions and wonder if you did them, or didn't, or didn't catch that part of a previous post, or... You can post your tune/log files as many times as you want, it's free.

Based on what? Checking codes, live, with the toolbar button? Or by looking in the 'Details' tab of a saved log? Or via the MAF Sensor State PID when it cranks, runs, and then dies? Or all of them?
    Yes, Ive changed what you guys suggested, the second to last post on the previous page has the things changed. I then posted the new tune, and 2 log files.
    Fuel Cut at 98mph, where do you see that as that sounds like what the issue would be.
    I changed the settings in Speedo and Limiter up to 300mph because I figured thatd be the kind of problem and anywhere else that looked like it could cause something like that.

Changing the MAF settings did not seem to make a change.

The MAF still showing failed based upon the PID you had me add to Scanner.

Senior Tuner
    I didn’t pick out that you were suppled linear and offset with the map sensor. A lot beginners on here assume that the data for all the pressure sensors of a given range is the same.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I may not have made it clear. In my initial post I did NOT have that info. I bought these parts a long time ago, I had to go back into my bank statements to find where it was from haha. But yes, I believe all the MAP stuff should be correct. I assume EFI Source is okay to buy from, but then again, I also figured FAST injectors were okay to buy and clearly I was way off with that assumption.

Senior Tuner
    If you bought the MAP several years ago and are pulling current data from a website, they could have changed suppliers in between.

Tuner in Training
    It was about 4 months ago, but you could be right about that.

Senior Tuner
    I guess I only thought I had a bad memory when I can’t remember the source of parts when I built my kit car in 2021.

The odds of it being changed in 4 months is fairly remote.

Quote Originally Posted by lowlow4g64t View Post
    I suppose Im not following what youre trying to say here. Maybe semantics with what I posted? All Im saying is, I bought the sensor from EFI Source and used the 3bar map data that was provided. There should be zero issue with the MAP Sensor from what I understand.

Yes, Ive changed what you guys suggested, the second to last post on the previous page has the things changed. I then posted the new tune, and 2 log files.
    Fuel Cut at 98mph, where do you see that as that sounds like what the issue would be.
    I changed the settings in Speedo and Limiter up to 300mph because I figured thatd be the kind of problem and anywhere else that looked like it could cause something like that.

Changing the MAF settings did not seem to make a change.

The MAF still showing failed based upon the PID you had me add to Scanner.
    OK, great, but where is the tune file with these changes you describe, and the log file showing it crank, run, and then die?

Tuner in Training
    OK, great, but where is the tune file with these changes you describe, and the log file showing it crank, run, and then die?
    Quote Originally Posted by lowlow4g64t View Post
    Sorry, forgot to correct this earlier in the thread when you mentioned it. It does not have the oem sticker on it. Its a blank, black plastic top that has that part number (i believe to note which vehicle fitment it is) and also "3 bar" printed on it.
    Not sure how important it is, but the first 5 cells of the MAF table were negative numbers on my OEM read of the PCM, but it wont let me put those values back in as it says 0 is the lowest range... so i just put those first five cells as "0"
    Added that PID.

Yeah that makes sense. I tried to start the car twice with those changes. I also made a few other changes that I found on a "failing the MAF" video.

Im still a little unsure why the car thinks its going 158mph :facepalm:
    The injector data looks a little odd, says theyre at like 100+lb/hr of flow which should be wrong. However, the car still feels like it is being shut off, not like too much fuel then dying. Im probably going to have to sell these FAST injectors though, them not supplying injector data is mind boggling to me.

I did note the PID you had me add, still shows the MAF as NOT being failed. Not sure what Ive missed there.
    Attachment 142769
    Attachment 142770
    Attachment 142771
    As I stated... its the second to last post from the previous page... I have attached it here.

Regardless, I appreciate everyones help here, I was able to get the car started tonight.
    Thanks again for all the help!

Well congrats, I still have no idea what was changed that finally made it run. Done with this nightmare thread, goodbye. Phew!

...and have fun trying to solve all the other issues you're going to run into when you get it to the point it's able to drive around. The auto trans ECM is going to fight you every step of the way, but you don't want to hear any of that.

Potential Tuner
    911!