Thread: Lost oil pressure after gear/tire wizard tune

Potential Tuner

Lost oil pressure after gear/tire wizard tune

2011 Chevy Silverado 5.3 LC9

Recently did the gear tire wizard tune on the truck and first drive out after I lost oil pressure. Went down to 6-7psi. Pulled over shut the car off. Luckily had my laptop and loaded the previous tune I had. Started the truck up and it was fine. Any ideas? I didn?t change anything else on the tune (unless my fat fingers clicked a button without me knowing). Should try and redo the gear tire wizard and see if happens again?

Senior Tuner
    Oil pump/pressure is purely mechanical outside of the tune. Don't see anyway tune can affect it.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRunner View Post
    2011 Chevy Silverado 5.3 LC9

Recently did the gear tire wizard tune on the truck and first drive out after I lost oil pressure. Went down to 6-7psi. Pulled over shut the car off. Luckily had my laptop and loaded the previous tune I had. Started the truck up and it was fine. Any ideas? I didn?t change anything else on the tune (unless my fat fingers clicked a button without me knowing). Should try and redo the gear tire wizard and see if happens again?
    Did you accidently change anything in the Engine Diag > General section?
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Did you accidently change anything in the Engine Diag > General section?
    I don?t believe so. Gonna go back thru it hopefully today or tomorrow and see if anything looks like was changed by accident. Maybe just something freak electrical with the oil pressure switch. Maybe a restart with or without reverted back to old tune would?ve fixed it. I might try to redo the gear/tire change again and see if same issue comes up.

Senior Tuner
    Did you have a warning or something that actually showed an actual low oil pressure?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Did you have a warning or something that actually showed an actual low oil pressure?
    Yes oil light came on and ?low oil pressure stop engine? came on as well

Senior Tuner
    That's a little different than actually having low oil pressure. There may be settings that you can change for the levels that the message comes on.

Have the screen plug up on the oil pressure sensor is super common on those trucks too, could always be that or a failing sensor.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

On occasions when I've flashed a tune on low battery, things would not work. Be it the temp gauge or speedometer, even the tach. I'd either drive it and charge battery and then reflash or put it on a charger, then reflash.
    2005 gto A4
    Darton sleeved 427, prc ls3 heads, custom cam 243/257
    Fti 3400 triple disc convertor
    553/555 N/A 839/823 nitrous on hub dyno