Thread: DiabloSport tune to HP tuners?

Tuner in Training

DiabloSport tune to HP tuners?

I'm not sure if this is the correct section to post this question in but, it seems logical....So, I am working with my 2000 GMC Sierra P01 ECM.. I currently have a canned tune from a DiabloSport tuner known as the "93 tune". I recently have purchased the MPVI3 and have been working with learning the software and making some changes to my tune. I have not added any credits or attempted to "write" anything back to the truck. My question is this, will I have any issues with the DiabloSport tune when I attempt to write anything back to the truck? I've been going through and comparing the differences between a stock 2000 truck tune from the repository and the tune that I pulled from my truck and I am finding some places where it seems there should be numbers input but, it's zero'd out. For instance, in my read tune (DiabloSport 93 tune) the idle numbers in P/N and AC on/off are all zero'd out. I'm wondering if for some reason when I read the tune with HP the DiabloSport tune is ommiting numbers or something?
    2000 Sierra

Senior Tuner
    Are you looking at the "difference" file that will show zeros when the numbers between the two files are the same?

Screen shot or the files in question are helpful in answering your questions.

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I'll see if I can get some screen shots of what I mean. And No, it's not the "differences" I'm looking at...made sure I double checked that. But, more important than that is my question regarding writing a tune back to the truck? Will it show a "corrupt" file or something? I'm building a new engine for the truck which is the main reason for my purchase of the MPVI3 but, no reason not to mess with it now on a stock 300k mile 2000 Sierra.
    2000 Sierra

before you write the hptuners tune to the truck, you will have to restore the original backup stock tune to the truck from the Diablosport tool, in order to unlock/reset it... If you don't, then your diablosport tool will still be locked to your truck and you won't be able to use it anymore or sell it, because the hptuner tune you write, will not match the "last tune written" by the diablo programmer... and the diablo programmer will detect that the tunes don't match, and it won't let you do anything...

So, you need to make sure that you restore the original backup stock tune to the truck from the diablo tool first, before you do any writing with hptuners.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune