Thread: 6L80 2-3 shift softens

Potential Tuner

6L80 2-3 shift softens

I am new to all of this, and I am loving learning! I was hoping to have my tune looked at in reference to my 2-3 shift becoming soft after a few days. I have increased the adaptive pressures on the on-coming shift for the 2-3 and it looks like it is out of "consistency" for the light throttle from all of the others. I have the trans-go tow-pro shift kit installed with a (Suncoast) triple disc 10.5-inch billet converter (2800-300 stall). I have attached the tune if someone would take a look at the transmission side, or the whole thing for that matter. Stan

Senior Tuner
    Adjusting pressures is not how you want to tune a 6l80 or later trans.. Or else you get what you did. It will learn back to the desired shift time. Or try to.

Look at the desired shift time. Set it to something reasonable. .20 is a quick up shift for example.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Ok, that sounds reasonable. Where you able to look at the shift timing in this tune?

Potential Tuner
    I am looking in shift timing-upshift- torque adder- Normal- 2-3....Does that sound like I am in the correct chart? They are set from the RPM 750, 1250, 1750, 2500 and torque -74, -22, 0, 59 at 0.2998. If that makes any sense? I would love to post a screen shot of the chart, but I am not quite there yet.