Thread: RPM LVL VI 4l60e

Advanced Tuner

RPM LVL VI 4l60e

Getting a tune started for the new trans. Truck is a 2004 silverado ext cab 4x4, cammed 6.0, 3400-3600 circle d single 258mm. Are my pressure/FMC settings okay for this setup? I wanted to keep the adaptives off(were off stock just 0 shift times to be sure). I dont mind a aggressive shift, i need to find a happy medium for longevity of all components. Torque converter lockup ramp has been raised via UDP for faster ramp.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Ended up spending a few hours on the dyno with some drive time and found a pretty happy calibration. The normal shift pattern is not necessarily firm enough but the tow mode feels great. Torque management was a no-go with the new stall, timing pulled way after the shift.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is my file and log. Id like some input on how my transmission longevity will be. Feels great and a nice, firm converter lockup. Not sure why the fmc at wot doesnt correlate with the numbers in the tune according to torque.

Advanced Tuner
    I'd maybe add back in some torque management to save the trans. 4l60e need all the help they can get. Looks like your MAF is pretty decent but make sure the WOT stuff is dialed in as that will play into line pressure control. You could add in more line pressure if need be but if it "feels" fine and shift times are fine, leave it alone.

Advanced Tuner
    The torque management does not play well with the 258mm 3400-3600 circle d. Fueling at wot is dead nuts and the injector data/entire airflow modeling should be spot on. The truck put down 346hp and 330stq on my mustang dyno before the pe changes. 1.15 eq ratio picked up about 4-5hp out top from previous testing so should be around 350whp. The FMC at wot seems aggressive to me but feels fine.