Thread: Performance Mode

Potential Tuner

Performance Mode

2002 Silverado 1500 with 4l80e swap, I made some changes to performance mode to set it up for roll racing. For some reason when the factory tow/haul button is selected the truck acts like it is in neutral. Before the changes there wasn't much difference between performance mode and normal mode so I'm convinced its tune related but I have no clue what could have caused this.

Senior Tuner
    Probably stating the obvious, but what happens when you revert all your changes back?

Without the tune file to look at to see what changes you made, how is anybody supposed to answer this? This is like calling a repair shop on the phone and expecting them to be able to tell you, over the phone, why your check engine light is on and how much it will cost to fix it. (yes people actually do that, I have answered enough of those calls in my life)

Potential Tuner
    I haven't tried but I would imagine it would just act the same as it did in normal mode like before.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry, it should be attached now
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Your performance shift tables are really strange. Set basically to shift like its at WOT all the time.

Go back to stock or copy them from normal and adjust from there.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Thats kinda how i want them set up, basically to hold a gear until its WOT and meets the shift speed and rpm then shift to the next gear. For downshifting id like to be say cruising 40mph hit the button and the truck will drop into first gear and hold. Is this a bad way to go about setting it up?