Thread: 14 Mustang GT - Monitors showing Not Supported but tests Enabled / DTCs switched on

Potential Tuner

14 Mustang GT - Monitors showing Not Supported but tests Enabled / DTCs switched on

Hey all, have a little bit of experience over the years with HPT and a few different cars. Story here is I ended up getting a 2014 GT that had been tuned however I don?t know with what tuner and can?t get ahold of previous owner. Pulled two different stock files from the repository to verify they?re the same. Read the file from the car and found a bunch of parameters changed, purge test off, rear 02s off and various DTCs related to fuel pump set to no error reported. I had and still have zero faults.

Vehicle is 100% stock. Using an MPVI2. Trying to get this ready to smog so I can register it.
    Had a bad purge valve so I replaced that. Can actually run and pass the EVAP test module now.

Opened stock file to compare and copied every single difference. Nothing is green now and tables all have matching ranges. DTCs all set to stock.

VCM scanner and every other scan tool shows EGR and CCM as ready, EVAP as not ready and the rest as not supported.

As an added bonus, I also tried to perform a firmware update with Forscan beta as it shows a new version available for the PCM. This successfully bricked the PCM as it failed to load the firmware after deleting it. I was able to recover it by using HPT and doing a write entire back to my modified tune.

Am I missing something? Would another tuner be causing this issue for me and HPT just can?t make the proper changes like it?s a protected tune? I dunno. Time to ask for help
    Last edited by TorxGarage; 02-08-2024 at 02:36 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Also wondering if I can flash one of the stock files found in the repository or if that would require purchasing more credits? Trying to avoid having to use IDS and their subscription

Potential Tuner
    Flashed with Ford FJDS and J2534 passthrough. Program couldn’t identify the vehicle and stated the PCM was blank. Entered VIN and tear tag on PCM then it would communicate with the vehicle. After that, it showed I had a firmware update available and I was able to successfully reflash the PCM. All monitors are now available again.

I’m assuming it may have had a locked tune on it not from HPT but not sure how you would know. There is no visible data different between the new actual stock file and what I had been trying to flash. But now I can proceed with tuning correctly. Already seems to run better.

Hopefully if someone else runs into this issue, this may help. I tried to avoid going the factory reflash route but that’s the only thing that works.

Potential Tuner
    Well that’s a bit disappointing I have to spend another $100 on credits for the new VIN and OS combo but ok. Gonna need it to make some tuning changes. Should have just flashed ahead of time and saved the credits ��