Thread: throttle response is getting aggressive after calibrating the MAF on L84 E90 !

Question throttle response is getting aggressive after calibrating the MAF on L84 E90 !

Hi guys

good day

I faced an issue with a GMC Sierra 2020 that has a Whipple 3.0L supercharger and LT4 injectors the issue occurs after installing the LT4 injectors.

so after we did install the LT4 injectors on the truck I did put all the injectors data and calibrate the MAF to get the fuel trims in place but the weird thing that happens is that the throttle response has been too aggressive and the truck in not drivable but when I get the old MAF calibration on the truck it runs drives fine but the fuel trims is -29% which is bad.

I think it has some think to do with the Virtual torque since these trucks are torque based

I wanted to share this and get the advice form you guys

thanks a lot

please find the attachmentstest 1.hpttest 1 log.hpltest 1.hpttest 1 log.hpl
    2017 Chevy Silverado Full Bolt-ons, Whipple SC, Meth injection

ONWER OF DYNO PERFORMANCE IN DUBAI

https://www.instagram.com/dynoperf/?...YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

Tuning Addict
    FWIW LT5's use the same hpfp and injectors as the LT4's from everything I've found plus they have updated info for them that plugs straight into the newer cals.... Make sure you're dialing the MAF and VE both in at engine temp with tip temp between 60 and 80 c.... Should put the MAF curve close to stock. You will need to change the axis slightly so the next cell in line is your new peak.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    FWIW LT5's use the same hpfp and injectors as the LT4's from everything I've found plus they have updated info for them that plugs straight into the newer cals.... Make sure you're dialing the MAF and VE both in at engine temp with tip temp between 60 and 80 c.... Should put the MAF curve close to stock. You will need to change the axis slightly so the next cell in line is your new peak.

I have used the LT5 calibration but the same issue is there, VE on these platform is calibrated by the neural network.
    2017 Chevy Silverado Full Bolt-ons, Whipple SC, Meth injection

ONWER OF DYNO PERFORMANCE IN DUBAI

https://www.instagram.com/dynoperf/?...YmMyMTA2M2Y%3D

Tuning Addict
    Yeah, but you still have to calibrate the NN LT5 data should have it closer either way as long as you're putting in all of the data.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC