Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Power Enrichment Question

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    I haven't played with the rpm so I could be wrong, my thoughts are; since delay timers are 0, changing the rpm delay will no effect. I don't see any harm in setting it to 0 though. This is something you would need to test for me so I know for next time.
    There are 2 RPM values in the PE chart.

There is one in the Delay Section and is set to 5000 RPM but the delay is set to "0" so all values in the Delay area wont ever activate.

The other one is in the Enable section. This is the one I was speaking about.

You can set this so to whatever min Rpm you would like the PE to come on.

I was just wondering what a good RPM was to use? What are all you guys using?

From the factory mine is set to 300 RPM with 15 KPA on the map enable and no delay so it seems like PE was going by the TPS percentage chart and PE would come on at like 19% throttle.

Seems weird to have it on pretty much all the time.

Attachment 142846

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    With my ctsv I have mine triggered solely from the map setting. I do this because if you are on the highway cruising in 6th gear it takes VERY little pedal movement to get into boost. I don't want to rely on pedal in this case as I'll be at stoic when getting into boost. I have mine at 90 kpa if I recall
    That boost comes on fast. I remember my old turbo mustang and how quickly the turbos spooled. It was nuts. Blow the tires right off lol

Maybe I should just try MAP based PE activation around 70-80 KPA as was suggested earlier

Senior Tuner
    i like to use TPS as the main trigger for PE as the throttle is the first inline to cross the threshold, then if the TPS triggers PE when driving around normal i use the MAP just to keep it out till needed bout 70kpa, but i also use BE so if i ever hit boost it will trigger BE regardless of the PE settings, then i can also control fueling based on boost which is much better then just having PE for all n/a to boost fueling

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    i like to use TPS as the main trigger for PE as the throttle is the first inline to cross the threshold, then if the TPS triggers PE when driving around normal i use the MAP just to keep it out till needed bout 70kpa, but i also use BE so if i ever hit boost it will trigger BE regardless of the PE settings, then i can also control fueling based on boost which is much better then just having PE for all n/a to boost fueling
    So the Min RPM and Min MAP(KPA) will over ride any settings including the TPS that enables PE?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen Vos View Post
    So the Min RPM and Min MAP(KPA) will over ride any settings including the TPS that enables PE?
    all settings have to be met to enable PE, min rpm should be zero or very low, pretty much remove all the delays and limits so u can then use TPS and/or MAP to control when u want to go into PE, TPS is also PE TPS so its not the same as TPS usually bout the PE 10-12% is about 40% actual TPS, as loads change with gears u can use tps and map together to enter and also the hyst (hysteresis) can be use so if ur holding a curtain load but its at the edge or PE u can switch in/out of PE which is annoying so the hyst gives it some room to vary a little before it disables

Senior Tuner
    TPS is also PE TPS so its not the same as TPS usually bout the PE 10-12% is about 40% actual TPS
    Yeah man, spot on.

For future internet archive reference, here is the conversion from TPS to effective area for an LSA T/B.

Senior Tuner
    Yeah man, spot on.

For future internet archive reference, here is the conversion from TPS to effective area for an LSA T/B.
    mine dosnt but i think some get the PE TPS pid in the scanner ?

Senior Tuner
    To true. I've heard guys saying they got it. I've never seen it either.

Senior Tuner
    To true. I've heard guys saying they got it. I've never seen it either.
    not sure if this helps if u havnt seen these yet some on first page some on last page https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...nal-paramaters

Senior Tuner
    Yeah, I'm always looking. I had to put a support ticket in to get the output shaft pid working. A new beta was sent out but I think they broke the idle throttle P and I channels

Senior Tuner
    wish my ecu could have all the fancy stuff

Senior Tuner
    It'll be in there. You good at puzzles and finding things? Ghidra might be for you.

Senior Tuner
    i sometimes press a wrong button whilst in excel and it screws stuff up and i have to close it down without saving to fix it

Advanced Tuner
    all settings have to be met to enable PE, min rpm should be zero or very low, pretty much remove all the delays and limits so u can then use TPS and/or MAP to control when u want to go into PE, TPS is also PE TPS so its not the same as TPS usually bout the PE 10-12% is about 40% actual TPS, as loads change with gears u can use tps and map together to enter and also the hyst (hysteresis) can be use so if ur holding a curtain load but its at the edge or PE u can switch in/out of PE which is annoying so the hyst gives it some room to vary a little before it disables
    This is a great explanation on the PE table. Thank you so much

So looking at my stock LS3 tables it looks like the only thing that controls PE is PE TPS.

Is this normal in stock configurations for most LS motors?

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah man, spot on.

Great find man. PE now makes perfect sense to me now.

Is this a table available in VCM Editor?

I took a look in my scanner channels and I have no options for PE TPS so this chart will be gold in my books

Thank You

I took a look in my scanner channels and I have no options for PE TPS so this chart will be gold in my books

Thank You
    Look under [Engine > Fuel > Power Enrich > Throttle > Hot] to see your TPS report for mapping PE to throttle opening.

That table that hjtrbo posted represents the geometric relationship between throttle percentage with how much the throat of the throttle is exposed to allow air to pass. This is the difference between the throttle body area and the throttle blade area. As the blade rotates the "shape" (from the airflow perspective) changes from a circle to an ellipse. So a 10% change in throttle does not equate to a 10% change in area for air to flow since we are dealing with a concentric ellipse inside a circle). Note the TPS % is linear on the Y axis while the Effective Area % on the X-axis is not linear (perhaps it is logarithmic). Anyway this is not something you should edit by direct means.

But either way, you can see that when table [ECM] 12420 says ~13% for effective area...it is really mapping to about ~43% on the TPS side.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant

Advanced Tuner

Thank You
    Yeah, I don't have PE TPS for mine either so that was another reason I am using only the map setting. Makes it easier IMO

Advanced Tuner
    That boost comes on fast. I remember my old turbo mustang and how quickly the turbos spooled. It was nuts. Blow the tires right off lol

Maybe I should just try MAP based PE activation around 70-80 KPA as was suggested earlier
    For my car it just felt sluggish setting the map setting to 70-80 kpa. This is completely my opinion as I have messed with countless PE settings and just found a sweet spot between 85-95 kpa. Mine is an M6 trans so when taking off from a stop I can get into the pedal a decent amount before going into PE and it feels snappier

Tuning Addict
    Yeah man, spot on.

Pretty sure your axis might be wrong in this one Nathan. It should be represented as an S shape, so area going vertical and tps horizontal. Unless they just did it this way in the gen 4's? At least this is how they define it in the newer ones...

Eff area.jpg
    Last edited by GHuggins; 02-13-2024 at 01:56 PM.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Can you give me a layman version of what hysteresis does? What a higher value does and what a lower value does. MAP, RPM, and TPS are easy to see.