Thread: SRT4 Neon Vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator Injector data

Potential Tuner

SRT4 Neon Vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator Injector data

Hi I'm having trouble figuring out which table affects the injectors flow at different fuel rail pressures. I have been reading a lot about the injector pw offset because I purchased a set if Siemens Deka 80 tall injectors, suggested to me by a mopar tuner i used to work with. He had made some adjustments to my car when I installed a Hahn 20g turbo and manifold and 3 bar map and tip sensor. But unfortunately I do not work there and I don't trust the srt4 tuners around me so I am learning myself. I still need to install and tune the injectors but figured I would start with figuring out the 1:1 FPR. I recently installed a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator and a return line with bottleneck fix, -6an feed and return. The part I am confused about is this paper on tuning for a 1:1 fpr, they say that you have to change the Injector PW Offset table but that has nothing to do with the fuel pressure or fuel mass. My fuel tables are all lower resolution than the newer dodges which is also throwing me through a loop. I know that you have to do some math to condense the data down or vise versa but Im overthinking a lot of this stuff and would love to have another tuner to talk to.

here is a link to my new injector spreadsheet and the paper on the fpr https://eficalibrator.files.wordpres...KKhkYqBT4ibvng

http://1drv.ms/x/s!AtvjXyY1nSf1gQV1A...wtGXO?e=liEhxw

my tune file
    srt4 base conti.hpt
    Last edited by Jessespeed9; 02-11-2024 at 06:25 PM.

srt4 base conti Inj scaled.hpt Hello , i Scaled your injectors for you at a Base of 58 psi of fuel pressure which is 400 KPA . i also scaled your 1:1 FPR Vacuum source , when you set the base fuel please set it with out the vacuum line connected & once set connect it back! also i lowered your boost cut as its way to high and i would not run a sweep with that ign map on your 20G as its still set to stock ign map. this should get you going but there is plenty of info on here to help you learn how to tune your srt4.

Potential Tuner
    thanks man I appreciate it.

Hey No Problem.

Potential Tuner
    can you explain to me how you scale the tables down to fit the cars tables?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessespeed9 View Post
    can you explain to me how you scale the tables down to fit the cars tables?
    Just use some fairly basic algebra to consolidate data. There is, of course, some non-linearity. Particularly in the extreme low end pulse range, so that's where you should keep the majority of your resolution.

Plot the injector data on a scatter chart in Excel so you can visualize the data, use an equation to normalize each data point to mass flow per common unit of pulsewidth, give your scatter chart the smallest range possible to accentuate any deviations from nominal in the data, then you can find which data points make the most sense to omit for the purposes of consolidation.

Potential Tuner
    sweet thanks man appreciate it.

Potential Tuner
    Another question. On the fuel mass mult. vs Vac, when switching to a boost referenced regulator would you make every cell a 1.0 to make it multiply by nothing since the pressure will not be lost due to flow or manifold pressure. And im assuming that in the negative pressure range on a vac table its the inverse because it multiplies in the negative pressure but it is measuring vacuum so I think its actually talking about positive pressure not sure though.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessespeed9 View Post
    Another question. On the fuel mass mult. vs Vac, when switching to a boost referenced regulator would you make every cell a 1.0 to make it multiply by nothing since the pressure will not be lost due to flow or manifold pressure. And im assuming that in the negative pressure range on a vac table its the inverse because it multiplies in the negative pressure but it is measuring vacuum so I think its actually talking about positive pressure not sure though.
    You've got it!