Thread: 2014 C7 Stingray Advice and Suggestions

Potential Tuner

2014 C7 Stingray Advice and Suggestions

I just found out and considering buying the MPIV3 and credits for my C7 Stingray. I have CAI and Xpipe installed. In Nevada, we have 91 octane fuel. I purchased a Diablo Tune a while back. Paid for data logging service. I did get some improvement in performance, but I do not feel I'm getting the full potential performance out of the engine with the mods I've done to this car.
    My question is, what could I see in performance, with the mods I have, If I go this route? Thanks in advance!

Tuner
    Sorry, but those really aren't much in the way of mods. The only thing you might gain....in my opinion....are some driveability improvements. Perhaps a handful of hp.

HP Tuners takes some time to learn and unless you have a wideband o2 sensor or access to a chassis dyno you put yourself at risk of engine damage.

Senior Tuner
    You might even loose power with those mods. Depends on what intake you are talking about. And I wouldn’t expect much in the way of true power increase with x pipe, although it might change where it makes power.

The C7 is already tuned for 91 octane from the factory, so I doubt there would be much to gain safely from adjusting timing.
    X-pipe probably yields no significant gains.
    CAI might gain you a little, depending on its design, but not enough for you to actually feel a SOTP difference.

One thing you can do that you will actually feel is re-map your gas pedal for better throttle response. Read through this thread for one way to do that:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...rottle-mapping