Thread: 2005 4.6 3v gt

Potential Tuner

2005 4.6 3v gt

Need some help getting a tune right on a friends mustang.
    It?s got a set of aftermarket coils and a ford racing intake, and ford racing exhaust.
    Car is a manual.
    Honestly he wants the most the car could produce safely with its upgrades, and I?m no tuning guru with a gasoline ford. Ive mainly tuned cummins diesel and very few gm ls engines. I?ve done timing chain and phaser jobs on gen 1 5.0s but never messed with a 3v 4.6
    Any help would be appreciated greatly. To add I don?t have access to a dyno.
    I can add tune file at a later date my pc is not at my house, but if anyone has something on a gt and could be pm me thatd be great!!

Post the stock file and I can take a look does he want to run 93 in the car and what are his HP goals with the vehicle?
    King Ranch Expedition 5.4 3v 6R80 Coyote PCM , M112 Blower, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Green Cats, Aeromotive Regulated Return Fuel System, ID 1000 Injectors, Custom Interior Wiring, Track Apps, EPS mode adjustable, +6 Blower Pulley w/ Innovators West SFI Balancer, Afco Dual Fan ZL1 Heat Exchanger, Flex Fuel E85 0-60 5 secs 12.0 best quarter mile time.

Potential Tuner
    mikes 06 mustang flash 3.hpt hes running 93, has a gt500 intake and throttle body he just wants more spark and fuel to match the intake

Potential Tuner
    posted reply

Just checking on the throttle body, its a stock gt500 throttle body? Does he have the adapter to run it on his intake manifold because if im not mistaken the stock gt500 TB wont match up to the 4.6 GT manifold without a adapter / spacer. Just get back to me on that so i have the correct throttle body data inputted in the calibration.
    King Ranch Expedition 5.4 3v 6R80 Coyote PCM , M112 Blower, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Green Cats, Aeromotive Regulated Return Fuel System, ID 1000 Injectors, Custom Interior Wiring, Track Apps, EPS mode adjustable, +6 Blower Pulley w/ Innovators West SFI Balancer, Afco Dual Fan ZL1 Heat Exchanger, Flex Fuel E85 0-60 5 secs 12.0 best quarter mile time.