Thread: !0R80 OSS shift maps not shifting at commanded OSS speed

Tuner in Training

!0R80 OSS shift maps not shifting at commanded OSS speed

Hi guys i have my brothers 2021 mustang GT with a 10R80 and i cannot for the life of me figure out why its not shifting at 7,400 RPMS like im commanding i have also changed the OSS map point to the Exact OSS speed but the car still only shifts at 6500 RPMS ive lifted every limiter that i can think of the car shifts perfectly fine in manual mode all the way to 7,600 rpms but wont shift on its own it only goes to 6500 RPMS maybe i missed something ive attached the file see if anyone can find what i missed thank you !
    Andys 2021 auto Mustang GT TUNE 1 Flex fuel on with trans brake on.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Your shift points are set at 7200-7350 in Base and Sport, and 6700-7300 in Drag. I would increase those first and test again. It chooses the lower of the two commanded shift points between the Upshift Map and WOT Shift Map.

Hey @engineermike I have a Whipple f150 lots of boost triple pump fuel system wanna help with tuning it?s currently E/85 tuned but seems to have an issue. ?

Tuner in Training
    Yea I lifted all the shift point to 7,400 rpms raised the lower clip as well changed every shift schedule map too 7400 rpms via the OSS tables and the car still shifts at 6,500 rpms I’m wondering if there’s a missing table or something

Advanced Tuner
    I hate to ask this and I wouldn’t had I not run across it twice already…are you sure you’re mashing the pedal all the way down?

Tuner in Training
    Yes I even have checked my self for that and I even changed the shift points all the way down to 75 accelerator position pedal. But same thing it only shifts at 6,500 I’ve logged it too and the parameters all say the right things don’t know what’s going on I’ve even tried enabling torque based shift to try and use the WOT shift maps and the car still only shifts at 6500

Advanced Tuner
    Try lowering ecm 38234. I can’t explain it but I spent the last two days testing and confirming that when I put high numbers in this table it causes it to shift at low rpm before any of the shift tables tell it to. Worth a shot if you’re stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    Try lowering ecm 38234. I can’t explain it but I spent the last two days testing and confirming that when I put high numbers in this table it causes it to shift at low rpm before any of the shift tables tell it to. Worth a shot if you’re stuck.
    Interesting....What did you lower it to in relation to the commanded shift OSS?

Advanced Tuner
    I dropped the entire table to 5000 rpm as a test. Suddenly all the shifts follow the wot or oss shift tables (lower of the two). So I left it at that so far.

I dropped the entire table to 5000 rpm as a test. Suddenly all the shifts follow the wot or oss shift tables (lower of the two). So I left it at that so far.
    I've been messing with these 10R's for so long, I never thought of that one. Thank you.

Advanced Tuner
    It’s not intuitive at all and the effect my vary on different osid’s, so let me know what you find.

It’s not intuitive at all and the effect my vary on different osid’s, so let me know what you find.
    Will do!

Potential Tuner
    I was going thru this with my a10 mach 1 and chased my tail for awhile. When it shifts at 6500 what torque source is it displaying? Try raising the lower half of 21497 and see if that helps