Thread: Newer GoPros

Potential Tuner

Newer GoPros

Can anyone confirm if newer GoPros like the 12 can connect to Track Addict?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by adivin View Post
    Can anyone confirm if newer GoPros like the 12 can connect to Track Addict?
    It is my understanding that after around the 8, they no longer connect because they have their own thing now.

It would appear that this app is dead. It only supports a few camera brands and GoPro is the only one still making cameras. Even then, it can't control the new ones. It also sounds like the developer that supported this app left the company so, sadly, it's probably done.

Potential Tuner
    The newer GoPros don't pair with TrackAddict. Record with GoPro, record data with TrackAddict. Bring both into RaceRender, sync the data to video with the wizard, and be done. The data sync tool is unreal easy to use.

Potential Tuner
    I have a Hero 8 black, and ya initially it worked, but that was like 3 firmware updates ago. It?s really frustrating they can?t update the app. When is the last time they updated the app or RaceRender??? They just keep fucking milking it! Honestly I?m so over it all, it?s a pain in the ass. And now I have to manually start and stop the camera and remember todo so. I?m considering trying RaceChrono, from what I read it should be able todo everything I want. Not sure about rendering the data overlay part of it though.

Potential Tuner
    Christ, the mobile version of their website can?t even get apostrophe?s right! It?s all 100% dead.