Thread: VCM Controls

Not A Tuner

VCM Controls

If I connect to the car and use VCM to turn off closed loop and fuel trim learn as well as reset the fuel trims while the car is running can I then disconnect the compupter and just use my MPVI to do the log????

Or must I keep the computer hooked up.

Also as soon as the car is turned off I assume these need to be reapplied with car running and VCM Control

Thanks

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    the computer must be hooked up to use bidirectional controls or RTT.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    the computer must be hooked up to use bidirectional controls or RTT.
    The RTT makes sense!!!

But if the car is started and I use VCM to reset feul trims. Leave the car running and my MPVI connected at the OBII but disconnect the computer....aren't the FT's reset????????

DH

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yes...theres a difference between a 1 time reset & turning off closed loop in b-di.

Once you hit the fuel trim reset button the trims just reset to 0%...they start to immediatly move though.

The rest of the controls are all scanner driven meaning the scanner( not standalone datalogging) must be in use & connected.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Not A Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    yes...theres a difference between a 1 time reset & turning off closed loop in b-di.

Once you hit the fuel trim reset button the trims just reset to 0%...they start to immediatly move though.

The rest of the controls are all scanner driven meaning the scanner( not standalone datalogging) must be in use & connected.
    OK....Thanks!!!

I decided to start over doing my VE tuning. Warmed up, nice and easy, not PE and making sure the feul trims are reset before each log (thus the VCM questions) this time.

Plus I am driving with a cracked rotor from the track on saturday so no WOT till replacement this weekend...gotta move my jack and tools from burnt house to rental house though

DH

2004 MSG A4

Appearance: Billet Plate&Sill/SS Insert/Screens/Blackout/Lowered/CCW SP500

Perfomance: 416 CI/228-232@114/AFR 225/FAST/LS2 TB/36#Injectors/Honker/RPM(IV)/Vig2400/Z06 Ti/Kooks/3.42 Gear/Hotchkis/Bilstein/Z06 Springs/Eradispeed/Hawk HP+/Trans Cooler/B&M Trans Pan/RonDavies with EOC/Nitto R2's/AMWcan/Rocker Rails/Frame Savers

Mods & Tune: A&A Corvette

??? RWHP / ??? RWTQ
    1/4 mile: mid 11's ??
    WSIR 1:37.68