Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2002 LM7 Stalling Issues

Tuner
    Are those flex injectors ? usually it's 53psi for the fuel pressure ?
    Last edited by jsf55; 02-22-2024 at 06:30 AM.
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Senior Tuner
    See I knew there was something wrong after adjusting the VE table. You've got the injector data entered for vacuum-referenced return rails. Now, the actual data has to be correct as well. Do you have that part number?

Tuner in Training
    Which part number are you looking for?

Senior Tuner
    Should be an 0280 number on the side of the physical injector if it's made by Bosch. Take a look and see.

Tuner in Training
    They dont appear to be bosch injectors, they say Denso 25326903, i had a set of 32lb knockoff bosch injectors in it originally but decided to switch to an OEM set when i was having issues getting it dialed in, i was also occasionally getting a backfire when turning key on, after engine was hot, this issue hasnt occurred since i ditched the knockoff bosch injectors, i also have a set of OEM 12594512 injectors i could swap in if they are a better option. I believe i pulled the current injectors from a 2002 flexfuel tahoe with the 5.3l, looking the part number up confirms that they were used in that vehicle, looking at a stock tune for that vehicle is showing 33lb/h in the flow rate vs manifold pressure table, information i am finding is saying 33lb/hr at 50psi, compensated for pressure from a formula found here looks like 35.5lb/hr, which was still different than what i had in my tune so i am only more confused now on where i got the 38.6lb/hr
    Last edited by twenglish1; 02-22-2024 at 02:59 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I put in the data for a 2002 Tahoe Flex L59.

Got EOIT info from cam specs here:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post745257

See what happens now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I havent heard of EOIT before, briefly searching it, it looks like it is the fuel injector timing essentially? Noticing huge improvements! Just got a short drive in today, log attached. Greatly appreciate all the help! I am also glad to be getting this set up correctly compared to what i had previously, i mean sure it worked, but i can already tell a huge difference

12.hpl

Maybe someone can answer this for me but is it common for the o2 to be switching exactly the same? i do alot of reading and i couldve sworn i read something about if they are the same more than likely an issue or one is cancelling the other.

like i said i maybe wrong but its fairly fresh in my memory which is why i asked to check the connectors.

edit - i have added a pic of what i believe it should look like o2.JPG
    Last edited by tana99ss; 02-22-2024 at 05:01 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tana99ss View Post
    Maybe someone can answer this for me but is it common for the o2 to be switching exactly the same? i do alot of reading and i couldve sworn i read something about if they are the same more than likely an issue or one is cancelling the other.

like i said i maybe wrong but its fairly fresh in my memory which is why i asked to check the connectors.
    It's how he has it setup. Look back at Post #9.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by twenglish1 View Post
    I havent heard of EOIT before, briefly searching it, it looks like it is the fuel injector timing essentially? Noticing huge improvements! Just got a short drive in today, log attached. Greatly appreciate all the help! I am also glad to be getting this set up correctly compared to what i had previously, i mean sure it worked, but i can already tell a huge difference

12.hpl

Have you been using VCM Scanner to clear LTFT after each tune update?

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    It's how he has it setup. Look back at Post #9.
    ah i see it now, i was like thats off , i missread it or missed it completely.

wouldnt it be best to tune with stft + ltft for driveability then come back and then install the wideband one side and make those adjustments then?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tana99ss View Post
    ah i see it now, i was like thats off , i missread it or missed it completely.

wouldnt it be best to tune with stft + ltft for driveability then come back and then install the wideband one side and make those adjustments then?
    Yes, but to run CL is the question. Ideal would be both front O2's and a separate spot for the wideband. This will work for now.

Tuner in Training
    I have not been clearing LTFTs after each update, i will be sure to start doing that, i thought they would have adjusted automatically? or is it just faster to clear them each time, that way its a fresh start at the start of the log? I will be welding on an o2 sensor bung at some point and running both narrowband o2s along with the wideband

Senior Tuner
    Yes you should clear them after each tune update. VCM Scanner>Vehicle Controls & Special Functions.

Try this, please. I did some VE work.

Oh yeah. Start logging Injector Pulse Width for each bank (Generic Sensor).
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 02-22-2024 at 05:26 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Is there a limit to how many channels before i start having issues? i have alot being logged. I had injector pulse in before, not sure why i took it off the channel list, but it is added back, anything else i should be looking at in particular that i might be missing? That new VE looks great, post back when i get to test it out, weather isnt the greatest today

Senior Tuner
    Scanner will start to slow down. The number of channels you're polling should be ok. Other than injector pw don't need anything else extra for airflow tuning.

Tuner in Training
    Couldn't get on it too hard, too much rain, but running great for sure! Got another short log here, doesnt look like any changes need made, ill get a better one once weather clears up. I find in incredible that you were able to create that whole VE table just from the minimal parts that i had been adjusting, i mean i understand how VE increases with RPM and MAP, so i guess start with the known area and work out to the extremes?

14.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Haha thank you, but the log shows it was actually still pretty far off. It still will be after this. Takes a few iterations to settle in.

Exactly. Work out the known area then extrapolate the trends.

Tuner in Training
    Doesn't think i have hit PE on any of my drives yet, haven't gotten to that point yet, do fuel trims need to be omitted if the PCM is commanding anything other than lambda 1?

Senior Tuner
    Fuel trims will only work in CL. PE is OL.