Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2002 LM7 Stalling Issues

Tuner in Training
    Oh yeah duh, i wasn't thinking, i did know that. Still thinking ahead, at what point should i be reenabling the MAF?

Senior Tuner
    After VE is done move onto tuning MAF. It's easier to see fueling issues looking at the VE table.

Senior Tuner
    Any idea why ECT and IAT is getting so high?

Tuner in Training
    Running dual fans in the series/parallel configuration, i am not sure why i have the temperatures are set so high, might have been something i forgot to transfer over when i switched to hptuners, i had an issue with the file i was using previously with tunerpro, the vin and serial number were wiped out of it, so i wasn't able to license the direct read with hptuners, i had a spare pcm that i read the base file off of, licensed that one and copied most of the settings over, there is also an issue with the fan wiring i haven't gotten around to troubleshoot yet, fan one output is supposed to turn both fans on at half speed, and both fan outputs on is supposed to switch them both to full speed. Right now one fan comes on with fan one, and both come on with both fan outputs on high, not a huge issue, but what temperatures would you recommend? As for the high IAT, currently running the "hot air intake" style filter and intake piping, my plan is to cut a hole in the try the old evap canister mounted to and route it down behind the front bumper

Senior Tuner
    Ok just letting you know.

Tuner in Training
    Been a few days since i had worked on it, ported out IAC passage, this aftermarket throttlebody is known for issues with very small IAC passages, made some minor adjustments to idle airflow, lowered cranking VE by a few percent, was having to "clear flood" and hold throttle open slightly when cold starting, seems to have solved that issue, and allowed me to back off the throttle stop screw to keep the idle from hanging while coasting. Attached last log, and the current file i modified after said log. Applied the logged VE, and and after playing around with smoothing it out i ended up increasing everything after 4000rpm by a few percent and smoothed out everything. I find it odd that i am seeing alot of -12.5% LTFT on bank 2, shouldn't both banks be fueling the same? I confirmed that injector bank assignments are all set to zero, so it should be fueling it all together right? Unless i am missing something. All O2 readings are the same

20.hpl
    Fuel Trim Tuning - Smooth_NonReferenced_EOIT_6.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Hmmm. Try it with injector bank select all set to 1.

Tuner in Training
    Two logs, same driving route, only change made was the injector select, all 0s vs all 1s. The trim that was way off switched banks, and seems to have switched directions as well, so not sure what is going on here, i will be adding the second o2 sensor in the next few days or so as this doesn't seem to be working correctly. Unless i should just disregard bank 2? All changes i had been making to the VE table had been using bank one trims only, wideband readings on other bank seem to make sense that they are being fueled the same, all readings were less than 10% on the lean side. And injector pulses seem to be relatively close, like one is slightly lagging behind the other. So not really sure what to make of this at this point.

Bank Select 0.hpl
    bank select 1.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Let's do it with both O2's. It'll work out a lot better.

Tuner in Training
    I will take the wideband out of driverside header and install narrowband, similar to factory location, then I'll weld a bung in for the wideband further downstream, no particular guidelines I know of on this, besides 18in or so past the closest exhaust port if I remember correctly, so this should be fine, most likely will end up after the y-pipe so this should be better right?

Senior Tuner
    10 degree angle above horizontal so condensation drips off doesn't sit on the sensor.

Tuner in Training
    Ah yes, almost forgot about that! Did not get a chance to reinstall the wideband, but things are looking much better running both narrowband sensors. No changers were made after log 24, current tune file attached

23.hpl
    24.hpl
    25.hpl
    26.hpl
    Fuel Trim Tuning - Smooth_NonReferenced_EOIT_9.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Sweet having both O2's will be more accurate. See what it does. Take the RPM's up a bit, too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Finally got around to getting a log up in the higher RPM ranges, i had my histogram set up for 25 hits per cell, should i still stick to this even at higher RPMs, what is the lowest i would want to go with this? She started getting hot trying to fill that table in! Looks like im getting close everywhere except a small area around 4800RPM, did not apply this log to the current tune file yet.

Fuel Trim Tuning - Smooth_NonReferenced_DualNB_1.hpt
    38.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Yeah it's getting too hot.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Been a while since i had found time to work on the car, between weather and never seems to be enough time in the day. Wideband is reinstalled, still wired to EGR position input. Readings seem to coincide close with fuel trims. Everything seems to be looking good. Car runs great thats for sure. Doesn't look like there were any changes made since the last file you posted, i lost track of them and decided to just read one and save it to prevent any issues.

Fuel Trim Tuning - Smooth_NonReferenced_DualNB_4.hpt
    44.hpl
    Last edited by twenglish1; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:41 PM.