Thread: Simos18.1/6 - Wastegate Patch Issue

Tuner in Training

Simos18.1/6 - Wastegate Patch Issue

Hey there,

I am running a 5G0906259D_0002 (Simos18.1/18.6) in my 2016 A3.

Applied the wastegate OS patch so that it is no longer using the FF logic but desired PUT / RPM. However the RPM axis of the new FF table is completely out of whack. Also confirmed the same with a 5G0906259L_0002 file with the patch applied.

Any chance that anyone has used the patch before? Did you just edit the axis values to make actual sense, or is there an underlying scale factor HPT applied to the axis?

(I haven't tried flashing or even editing the map values yet)

Advanced Tuner
    The patch only makes the neccessary changes in the OS logic, it doesn't change the axis values or load in any sort of "sane" starting values.

You just need to go in and program in the axis values that you want to use. RPM 0 to 7000 in 500 increments, TIP desired starting at 1000, 300 increments etc. or whatever makes sense.

The equation/scaling factor is different for the FF values vs PUT_SP/RPM, so that's why the values look all wacky.

Make sure to do a 1 time full flash too!

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate that! I didn't want to start editing the axis values just incase it would throw things off.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    The patch only makes the neccessary changes in the OS logic, it doesn't change the axis values or load in any sort of "sane" starting values.

You just need to go in and program in the axis values that you want to use. RPM 0 to 7000 in 500 increments, TIP desired starting at 1000, 300 increments etc. or whatever makes sense.

The equation/scaling factor is different for the FF values vs PUT_SP/RPM, so that's why the values look all wacky.

Make sure to do a 1 time full flash too!
    The configuration is established once on the vehicle and is retained for all updates that come after.