Thread: Add a MAP sensor to data log boost on a 17 Mustang

Add a MAP sensor to data log boost on a 17 Mustang

Has anyone successfully added a temporary map sensor to data log boost on a Mustang? When I added a wideband on my Silverado I disconnected the AC pressure sensor and used that as my input, then added a user-defined math. I'd like to know if I can do something similar since there is no map sensor on a Mustang. Open to ideas.

Map is inferred on Mustangs. If the calibration is setup correctly, you will have pretty close to spot on Map reading in the log via the manifold absolute pressure pid. Its absolute though so you'll need to make a channel to subtract out baro pressure. but it will be pretty close
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

I figured out how do do it with user defined math, GT500 map sensor and used the ac pressure sensor as my input.

I use the Pro feature set with an AEM pressure sensor. Works great. Had to do a transform to the sensor to get it to read INHG correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by onefastt View Post
    I use the Pro feature set with an AEM pressure sensor. Works great. Had to do a transform to the sensor to get it to read INHG correctly.
    How did you get the AEM to read boost in VCM scanner?

Add a channel select the red wire for the pro module then do a transform on that channel and select the AEM pressure sensor that you are using.