Thread: 2018 L83 replacement with 2015 L83 (Please help)

Potential Tuner

2018 L83 replacement with 2015 L83 (Please help)

Hi All,
    I just replaced my 2018 L83 engine with a 2015 L83 as the 2018 dropped a lifter. Some background I used the engine harness from the 2018 with the exception of valley cover wiring harness (fuel injectors/ect) and the timing cover harness (cam sensor / oil pump solenoid). It runs and idles but has "Reduced Engine Power" on the display. I haven?t driven it yet as I?m concerned about the reduced engine power. After some more research it looks like there might be a pinout difference between years. Any thoughts or advice would be great.
    Thank you

I'm fairly certain the only major difference is the high pressure fuel pump. One is a 3 wire and the other is a 4 wire.

Also REP will mean there is a check engine light for that, pull the code and see what it says.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner

Thank you

The current code is P16E4, which relates to a high-pressure fuel sensor. Do you know if that code would cause "limp" mode? If so then I know I'm on the right path if not I may have other issues after this is resolved. Thank you again

Potential Tuner
    All set swapped driver's side wiring harness and high-pressure fuel sensor. All is good!

I knew it had something to do with that, good deal.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.