Thread: Silverado 4l80 trans performance tune

Potential Tuner

Silverado 4l80 trans performance tune

Trying to learn how to tune my 4l80 trans. Can you look at my trans tune, I have changed the settings in the trans performance tabs only Part Throttle Shift, Full Throttle Shift Speed, Full Throttle Shift RPM. Let me know if you need and details. Not sure what to provide. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

How tall is the tire as MEASURED with a tape measure?

Here is a copy of my tune that I have been using for YEARS. However, my trans is not stock and the engine is not either. You didn't list any mods, so I guess that your truck is stock? You can benefit most from reducing the shift speed. You will notice that all of the tables are the same whether Normal or Performance. That has worked great for me. Also, I don't use TC lockup in 1-3 gears. It's hard on the converter clutch especially if it is a single disc. Mine was a triple, but I still didn't lockup in 1-3. I am using a single disc now. This tune was for 27 or 28" tall tires. Ran on the street and dragstrip. Your truck driveshaft might be limited to 100mph, so check that. I know that you increased the shift rpm to 6100, but that doesn't mean that it will shift at that rpm without getting the shift mph correct. The mph needs to be approx 5mph less than where you want to shift. Go to Mexico turn on your scanner, and do a full throttle pull. Then you can go back and look at exactly where it is shifting and then modify where you want it to shift.

Here is a 5600rpm shift tune to look at. I used to bracket race (for fun) and used the trans shift timing to slow down or speed up to avoid breaking out.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 02-22-2024 at 06:40 AM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    Tires are 30" rear dif is 3.73 and a 4l80 2800 single disk converter

Potential Tuner
    The setup.
    2000 Silverado scsb rear is a True Trac 3.73 Tires are 30" 4l80 billet input shaft, HD kit etc. Converter 2800 single disk , Aluminum 4" driveshaft, Caltracs, crate LS3 with sloppy stage 2 cam and a 1.9 Magnuson supercharger, 10% overdriven crank pully, 8 rib setup and a 2.6 Griptec pulley I believe. snow Methanol injection kit. DW 400 fuel pump and a boost referenced regulator it is a return setup. Hot wire kit. 103 throttle body, Siemens 60 lb injectors, I'm sure that I'm leaving out some details. Please let me know any important items. I have tried several local tuners and some shade tree turners. Future mods are factory electric fan, , Whipple 2.9 for the rec port heads my Maggie is a cathedral style with the adapter plates. 1000cc injectors for e 85 and 2 Aeromotive 340 pumps. these items i already have but will need to purchase a larger heat exchanger and pump if i sell mine with the maggie.
    Thanks
    Greenhorn

Potential Tuner
    Lakegoat
    I have calculated the top speed in the gears and I put that in only the performance tab for my max speed. my truck has the tow switch on the shifter. trying to leave the non performance files alone until i get this one close. i drive it daily.

6800 rpm DFCO seems a bit high. Also an aluminum driveshaft needs speed limited.

Potential Tuner
    What would you recommend for the DFOC Deceleration Fuel Cut-off 6200? Driveshaft has seen 132mph. Didn't realize i was going that fast. happens quick you know.